Why become a member? ×

Disconnecting tweeters question.

fretmeister

[quote name='fretmeister' post='1084609' date='Jan 10 2011, 06:38 PM']I've just acquired a Mark Bass CMD 102p combo and I like it very much indeed.

The tweeter is a bit OTT (I usually turn them off / fully attenuate) but the 102p doesn't have a control on it.

Would it be safe just to disconnect the tweeter, or would there be other wiring needed?

thanks[/quote]

No other wiring needed - just disconnect it (make sure you don't leave bare wires or connectors floating around inside the cab though). :)

[quote name='icastle' post='1084688' date='Jan 10 2011, 02:26 PM']No other wiring needed - just disconnect it (make sure you don't leave bare wires or connectors floating around inside the cab though). :)[/quote]
That leaves the potential for the amp to see a dead short at the filter corner frequency. The disconnect should take place before the high-pass filter.

[quote name='Bill Fitzmaurice' post='1084710' date='Jan 10 2011, 07:37 PM']That leaves the potential for the amp to see a dead short at the filter corner frequency. The disconnect should take place before the high-pass filter.[/quote]

So disconnect at the "non-tweeter" end of the wiring?

I found the tweeter a little too bright when I first got mine. Take the VLE up to about 10 o'clock & see if that helps (that's where I found suits me best & the treble at @ 11 o'clock).
When you get your pedals into action you may notice a difference there too.