Why become a member? ×

Help with transciptions? Please :)

KevinJazzBass

Hi guys,

I was hoping so of you may be able to help me get some transcriptions together (notation or tab), I'm off to China for a 4 month hotel residency starting on Februuary 26th but have to have the songs nailed before we starting rehearsing in early Feb. Do any of you guys have the music for any of these songs? This is the setlist I received on Thursday. Some of the bass parts like greenday, KOL ect ect I already know but alot of the other stuff I dont. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Kev

SETLIST 2010
Only Girl In The World - Rihanna
Umbrella - Rihanna
Te Amo - Rihanna
Forget You - Cee Lo Green
Dynamite Taio Cruz
Break Your Heart - Taio Cruz
Teenage Dream - Katy Perry
California Gurls - Katy Perry
Hot n Cold - Katy Perry
Kissed a Girl - Katy Perry
Firework - Katy Perry
Alejandro - Lady Ga Ga
Bad Romance - Lady Ga Ga
Poker Face - Lady Ga Ga
Just Dance - Lady Ga Ga
Fireflies - Owl City
I Gotta Feeling - Black Eyed Peas
Time - Black Eyed Peas
Use Somebody - Kings Of Leon
Sex On Fire - Kings Of Leon
Halo - Beyonce
When Love Takes Over - Kelly Rowland
Already Gone - Kelly Clarkson
She Wolf - Shakira
Waka Waka - Shakira
Hips Donʼt Lie - Shakira
Love, Sex and Magic - Justin Timberlake/Ciara
Party in The USA - Miley Cyrus
Billionaire - Travie McCoy
Single Ladies (Put a ring on it) - Beyonce
!"##$%#&'(%%)*+*,%-&(.(%/012
!"#!$%
Crazy in Love - Beyonce
If I were a Boy - Beyonce
Commander - Destinyʼs Child
Survivor - Destinyʼs Child
Telephone - Beyonce/Lady Ga Ga
Closer - Neyo
Shut Up and Let Me Go - Ting Tings
American Boy - Estelle
So What - Pink
Who Knew - Pink
Man in the Mirror _ Michael Jackson
The way you make me feel -Michael Jackson
Because Of You - Kelly Clarkson
Hurt - Christina Aguilera
Candy Man - Christina Aguilera
Genie In a Bottle - Christina Aguilera
Lady Marmalade - Christina Aguilera
Hung Up - Madonna
Like a Virgin - Madonna
Express Yourself - Madonna
Canʼt Get You Out Of My Head - Kylie Minogue
Purple Rain - Prince
Sweet Home Alabama - Lynrd Skynrd
Summer Of 69 - Bryan Adams
American Idiot - Green Day
Sir Duke - Stevie Wonder
Superstition - Stevie Wonder
We Speak No Americano - Yolanda B Cool
Hey Soul Sisiter - Train
Empire State Of Mind - Alicia Keys/Jay Z
Cry Me Out - Pixie Lott
Mama Do - Pixie Lott
Tik Tok - Kesha
Sexy Chick - Guetta
Bulletproof - La Roux
Closer - Neyo
We Are Family - Sister Sledge
Lost In Music - Sisiter Sledge
Celebration - Kool and The Gang
Car Wash - Rose Royce
Itʼs Not Right (But Itʼs OK) - Whitney Houston
Million Dollar Bill - Whitney Houston

Hopefully these are 3 that you don't know already... Don't know if the Umbrella one is 100% accurate, it was done towards the end of learning 65 tunes in a week for a similar scenario. Good luck!

[attachment=68210:Umbrella.pdf]
[attachment=68211:Forget_You.pdf]
[attachment=68212:Use_Somebody.pdf]

I'm pretty sure there was a transcription of 'Man In The Mirror' posted in the theory and technique forum not that long ago.

[quote name='Faithless' post='1082697' date='Jan 8 2011, 10:52 PM']Wow, that's a bit of a setlist..

It's no chance I'd transcribe them all in a few weeks, but I could help with some..[/quote]

You're right, its quite a chunk to learn. Don't worry mate, i'm not expecting anyone to transcribe them for me, I just wondered if anyone had transcriptions done already. Thanks anyway.

Thanks for the help TKenrick and JRBass, I really appreciate it.

Keep em coming guys!

Thanks in advance

Kev

Do a search in the 'theory and technique section'. There are quite a few links there to various sites, and quite a few transcriptions that you can download that people have done.

I have four or five of the songs on your list, but no way of scanning them or whatever, sorry. PM me if you want, and I'll give you my address and you can send me a SAE, I'll post them to you.

I've got the following - Sir Duke, Superstition, Summer of 69, Sex on fire, Lady Marmalade. I've got chords for a few of the others too.
A couple of them are ones I would bother transcribing, the Sister sledge ones are more 'groove songs, I'd just write the chords out and jam over them, same for Car wash.

Edited by Soliloquy

[quote name='Soliloquy' post='1083341' date='Jan 9 2011, 05:34 PM']Do a search in the 'theory and technique section'. There are quite a few links there to various sites, and quite a few transcriptions that you can download that people have done.

I have four or five of the songs on your list, but no way of scanning them or whatever, sorry. PM me if you want, and I'll give you my address and you can send me a SAE, I'll post them to you.

I've got the following - Sir Duke, Superstition, Summer of 69, Sex on fire, Lady Marmalade. I've got chords for a few of the others too.
A couple of them are ones I would bother transcribing, the Sister sledge ones are more 'groove songs, I'd just write the chords out and jam over them, same for Car wash.[/quote]

Thanks for the advice mate, I will search through that forum. Thanks for the offer but I have actually managed to find the ones you have with the exception of lady marmalade.

• 2 weeks later...

Finished Ce Lo Green's - Forget You.

It's on the paper yet, not on Finale, though, if you want, I can scan in tommorow morning, when I'm back at my crib..

I'll keep working on your list (decided to transcribe nearly all songs, just to broaden my transcription library, learn some tunes, and get my 'harmony identification' chops going..)

[quote name='Faithless' post='1101163' date='Jan 24 2011, 06:26 PM']Finished Ce Lo Green's - Forget You.

It's on the paper yet, not on Finale, though, if you want, I can scan in tommorow morning, when I'm back at my crib..

I'll keep working on your list (decided to transcribe nearly all songs, just to broaden my transcription library, learn some tunes, and get my 'harmony identification' chops going..)[/quote]

Kenricks already given him a spot on version of Forget You :)

I feel that in the OP's case tabs will be very helpful. We all know how unreliable they can be but having learnt ay least half the OP's set list over the past few years, mainly from tab's and by ear ive found them a good starting point, especially if time is at a premium.

[quote name='J.R.Bass' post='1101262' date='Jan 24 2011, 09:49 PM']Kenricks already given him a spot on version of Forget You :)[/quote]

Ah, that's cool then, haven't really spotted this..
Anyway, I chose because it was quite straightforward one in terms of harmony (although I still couldn't figure out harmony in bridge, where it goes (A - B - C - C# ----> D in bass) and I really want to get out most of it..

I'll keep this updated
cheers
Faith