Why become a member? ×

Ampeg SVT-115E cab for sale

kingbee

Solely because I'm getting too old to lift the damned thing (see my "Amps / Cabs" post under "New gear for old geezers") I have decided, very reluctantly, to sell my Ampeg SVT-115E Classic bass cabinet. It hasn't been gigged much (mainly 'cos I've been using another cab which someone else would bring to gigs on my behalf) and therefore is in absolutely pristine - and I do mean, PRISTINE - condition, as the attached images show (excuse the 'Photoshopped' background - I want to sell the cab, not the sofa behind it). It comes with a custom-made cover which cost £50, also mint. Details are:

Voice coil 2.5"
Frequency response (-3dB): 50 Hz-3kHz
Maximum SPL: 123dB
Nominal impedance: 8 Ohms
Programme handling: 400 watts
RMS handling: 200 watts
Sensitivity: 98 dB
Usable low frequency: (-10dB): 33Hz
24 x 22 x 16 inches
Weight 72lb
Removable castors
Sprung lift-and-return grab handles on the sides

I'm going for a Barefaced Compact which, as the cognoscenti will be aware, retails at £450 - hence, I need all the loot I can get. But I'll settle for [b]£250 ono[/b].

As I live in East Lothian, Scotland, I'm assuming that my potential market will be from South of Scotland / NE England or therabouts. Would be prepared to deliver / meet half-way within 50 miles radius.

Send me a PM or email me on [email protected] or phone / text me on 07804 251202.

Regards. Bob

Edited by kingbee

These are great cabs - very rich and full sounding, and not at all "slow and thumpy" as some might describe a can loaded with a fifteen!

If anyone in the North east of England is interested in this and lacks transport, I will be passing through Haddington next weekend and could pick up and drop off for a small petrol consideration...

[quote name='Conan' post='1079907' date='Jan 6 2011, 02:40 PM']These are great cabs - very rich and full sounding, and not at all "slow and thumpy" as some might describe a can loaded with a fifteen!

If anyone in the North east of England is interested in this and lacks transport, I will be passing through Haddington next weekend and could pick up and drop off for a small petrol consideration...[/quote]
Thanks Conan, that's very helpful. Bob

Yep, I`ve got the 410 that matches this cab, and at 45, with a bad back, I can manage it on my own (though do prefer a helping hand).

Seriously, to any buyers, these cabs aren`t that bad to get about (and sound great as well).

[quote name='Lozz196' post='1080550' date='Jan 6 2011, 10:51 PM']Yep, I`ve got the 410 that matches this cab, and at 45, with a bad back, I can manage it on my own (though do prefer a helping hand).

Seriously, to any buyers, these cabs aren`t that bad to get about (and sound great as well).[/quote]
Thanks Lozz and BurritoBass, for the moral support! The longer this goes on, the less keen I am to part with the thing - and it's true, the SVT-115E is not a seriously heavy cab. When I was 45 I could manage combos and cabs like this nae bother, but pushing 62 now and my ageing body's waving the white flag, so commonsense has to prevail. One way or another, it's gotta go.