Why become a member? ×

SOLD *** FT: WARWICK CORVETTE $$, 2005. Nirvana black trans finish

mcnach

So here it's my 2005 Warwick Corvette $$ in nirvana black finish.

I love this bass, hugely versatile, big sound... but since I turned into a Stingray fan I am barely using it. The past year saw me rehearsing just twice with it and gigged once.

I am not sure what I would trade it for. I am not after anything in particular... so if you have anything you would consider trading, with or without cash adjustment in either direction, fire away and tempt me :)

Edited by mcnach

[quote name='hagguy' post='1077005' date='Jan 4 2011, 05:18 AM']do you play a 6 string guitar at all? long shot but worth a punt got a mint mustang and maybe add something else in :)[/quote]

I do play guitar yeah, although I dislike the Mustang with passion :)

[quote name='mcnach' post='1077749' date='Jan 4 2011, 07:44 PM']I do play guitar yeah, although I dislike the Mustang with passion :)[/quote]

mustangs are a bit of a marmite guitar, only other guitars i have is an old jap strat and my ibanez atk, don't know if they would interest you?
what kind of gear are you looking for?

[quote name='hagguy' post='1077798' date='Jan 4 2011, 09:13 PM']mustangs are a bit of a marmite guitar, only other guitars i have is an old jap strat and my ibanez atk, don't know if they would interest you?
what kind of gear are you looking for?[/quote]

Those ATK are nice, but between my OLPs and Stingray it'd be too much of the same.
Now, a nice strat... maple fingerboard? What colour?

Edited by mcnach

[quote name='mcnach' post='1078147' date='Jan 5 2011, 01:15 AM']Those ATK are nice, but between my OLPs and Stingray it'd be too much of the same.
Now, a nice strat... maple fingerboard? What colour?[/quote]

it's red with maple board and a black scratchplate, i'll get some pics taken let you have a look,
its got some chips on the finish and some wear marks kinda like the road worn strats that are about now
might not be what your after but worth a look.

[quote name='mcnach' post='1078300' date='Jan 5 2011, 10:10 AM']This bass is now on hold, sale pending...[/quote]
So is mine, congratulations :) Nice to see the Vette $$s getting some love at last! Amazing basses, and incredible value second hand, what a bass!

[quote name='silddx' post='1078331' date='Jan 5 2011, 11:33 AM']So is mine, congratulations :) Nice to see the Vette $$s getting some love at last! Amazing basses, and incredible value second hand, what a bass![/quote]

Like buses, you don´t see one, then two came at the same time. Fortunately they were both pretty different cosmetically :)

Fantastic basses indeed... I´m having some guilt about letting it go... Acoustically even, no other bass of mine can touch it. Plugged in, they´re just massive. But the Stingray vibe has caught me badly... I like the sound, look, feel and simple controls.
But the Warwick... oof... what a bass. My guitarist is going to hate me. He loved it when I took the Warwick for a spin and he wanted me to play that one all the time.

[quote name='mcnach' post='1078911' date='Jan 5 2011, 06:07 PM']Like buses, you don´t see one, then two came at the same time. Fortunately they were both pretty different cosmetically :)

Fantastic basses indeed... I´m having some guilt about letting it go... Acoustically even, no other bass of mine can touch it. Plugged in, they´re just massive. But the Stingray vibe has caught me badly... I like the sound, look, feel and simple controls.
But the Warwick... oof... what a bass. My guitarist is going to hate me. He loved it when I took the Warwick for a spin and he wanted me to play that one all the time.[/quote]
I'm also a bit worried at saying goodbye to mine, but I have a new bass I made that does all my jobs and looks ace. I just thought if I sell the Wick I would have some fun money and get one of those Fender old fashioned things that were about before the industrial revolution :)

[quote name='silddx' post='1078960' date='Jan 5 2011, 07:39 PM']I'm also a bit worried at saying goodbye to mine, but I have a new bass I made that does all my jobs and looks ace. I just thought if I sell the Wick I would have some fun money and get one of those Fender old fashioned things that were about before the industrial revolution :)[/quote]

A F... Fender? what is that? You mean... ah, yes, I heard about those contraptions, fully passive circuitry, just a pickup or two, a simple variable resistor with a condenser to act as a low pass filter and nothing else? :)

(just kidding, love the Fender Jazz)

[quote name='mcnach' post='1079426' date='Jan 6 2011, 02:38 AM']A F... Fender? what is that? You mean... ah, yes, I heard about those contraptions, fully passive circuitry, just a pickup or two, a simple variable resistor with a condenser to act as a low pass filter and nothing else? :)

(just kidding, love the Fender Jazz)[/quote]
:)

I bottled it last night, had a play on the Vette before rehearsing and I just couldn't do it! I'd love the Jazz I was going to get, but it would be like eating raw cabbage after tasting fois gras I reckon. The Wick has to stay. That's three times I've done that!

[quote name='silddx' post='1079529' date='Jan 6 2011, 10:48 AM']:)

I bottled it last night, had a play on the Vette before rehearsing and I just couldn't do it! I'd love the Jazz I was going to get, but it would be like eating raw cabbage after tasting fois gras I reckon. The Wick has to stay. That's three times I've done that![/quote]

that´s a serious chronic cold-feet syndrome :)
but I totally understand!

I think what made it easier for me to sell mine is that I am currently visiting my parents in Spain, so the deed was done without my being able to play it... By the time I get home, the cash has been received and spent on another toy... so it´s too late :lol: