Why become a member? ×

3 leaf audio

sshorepunk

3 leaf are known for the Lovetone Meatball clone, the Groove Regulator, it's just moved into it's second incarnation as GR2

There is also a Mutron III clone on the way, called the Proton.

Not available yet, but looks like they are in production and may be available for pre order soon

I have been following the development of this pedal over on TB and am really looking forward to hearing some sound samples. I thought that the sounds from the prototype were not up to much really if I was honest but I am sure that Spencer will get it right as the GR2 seems to be such a big hit on both sides of the pond.

In November I finally got hold of a MusiTronics Mu-Tron III so I would like to A/B them and see if he has been the first pedal builder to actually clone the sound successfully.

[quote name='sshorepunk' post='1074978' date='Jan 2 2011, 02:00 AM']3 leaf are known for the Lovetone Meatball clone, the Groove Regulator, it's just moved into it's second incarnation as GR2

There is also a Mutron III clone on the way, called the Proton.

Not available yet, but looks like they are in production and may be available for pre order soon

[/quote]

• 5 weeks later...

Ive never gotten on with my GR. I posted a few months back about it too, and ive been on/off deciding whether to sell it. Im not sure if filters just arent for me, but I cant get a sound I like out of it. Its usually too thin and wet sounding which I dont like.

Cost a lot of money too, I think thats why I want to make it work!

Stick an overdrive pedal before the GR with a mild setting ant it comes alive! The pedal can be a bit polite and that's why i love it so much. A fuzz inside the loop it's just amazing! Almost makes me want to buy a second Big Muff just to use it there :)

An experiment to all you GR lovers: in a reharsal put your bass trough some heavy fuzz or octave and link it to the return on the GR, then take a mic from the kick drum and link it to the input and ask your drumer to play along with you. Awesome!

I have the M82 and it is a great filter but does not have a down sweep so is limited in comparison to the 3 Leaf Proton in terms of the variety of sounds that you can get from it. Having said that you can get some great squelch from it and it works well with slap too.

I have not played through the Proton but do have a Mu-Tron which it is based on so have an understanding of what it can do.

If you are in the market for a filter have you looked at the following:

Aguilar Filter Twin
Source Audio Bass Envelope Filter

[quote name='bass_ennyday' post='1121722' date='Feb 9 2011, 06:58 PM']hmmmmm, can´t decide between the new 3Leaf Proton and the MXR M82 Bass Envelope Filter .... how would you guys decide?[/quote]