Why become a member? ×

Lakland replacement strings

Bass_Guardian

Im looking for the best replacement strings for my lakland skyline 44-01. The strings on it according to the lakland website

. What type of strings do Lakland basses come with?

A. Most come with Lakland custom stainless steel roundwound mediums, .045”-.105” (add a .128” for 5-strings).

What would be the best replacements using these same specs. (4 string)

Thanks in advance

Alex

[quote name='Bass_Guardian' post='1072145' date='Dec 29 2010, 09:00 PM']Im looking for the best replacement strings for my lakland skyline 44-01. The strings on it according to the lakland website

A. Most come with Lakland custom stainless steel roundwound mediums, .045”-.105” (add a .128” for 5-strings).

Thanks in advance

Alex[/quote]

IMHO Lakland and DR strings go together really well - try the Sunbeams for warmth, HiBeams for zing and Fatbeams for in between

[quote name='Bass_Guardian' post='1072145' date='Dec 29 2010, 09:00 PM']Im looking for the best replacement strings for my lakland skyline 44-01. The strings on it according to the lakland website

Thanks in advance

Alex[/quote]
You could always get some more Laklands (which are actually made by GHS, I believe)

[quote name='EssentialTension' post='1072168' date='Dec 29 2010, 09:22 PM']You could always get some more Laklands (which are actually made by GHS, I believe)[/quote]
U sure???

What shop?

I really like my strings except ive almost killed the life out them....slap too much but i cant help it when it sounds so good!!!!!

[quote name='EssentialTension' post='1072309' date='Dec 29 2010, 11:51 PM']Here they are at the Lakland site:

[url="http://www.lakland.com/direct/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=LD&Category_Code=4STRS"]http://www.lakland.com/direct/merchant.mvc...gory_Code=4STRS[/url][/quote]
Aargh they look so much cheaper aswell :) I've already ordered from thomanns :lol:

At least I know for next time thanks :) how did I miss that though...

[quote name='Bass_Guardian' post='1072364' date='Dec 30 2010, 12:30 AM']Aargh they look so much cheaper aswell :) I've already ordered from thomanns :lol:

At least I know for next time thanks :) how did I miss that though...[/quote]
Well at least you won't be paying shipping from the US or tax when they get here - Thomann may be as cheap in practice.