Why become a member? ×

Silverstone Amp Covers

cameltoe

[quote name='SteveM' post='1101278' date='Jan 24 2011, 07:58 PM']Just to chip in- I too have been stung by this company. I'll skip the details but it's a similar story to LittleWing.

It's now the end of January and I ordered the cover October last year.

I've spent an excruciating 3 months dealing with Shaun Dunk. I still have no product and no refund even though I was told I would be refunded last December.

Sadly he has continued to ignore my correspondence so I have been left no choice but to reclaim my money through legal action.

I'm glad that other people were able to get their money returned through PayPal - you've saved yourself a lot of hassle.

If you are still chasing a product/refund from this company- move fast and be very firm with them about receiving it. Don't hesitate to use Consumer Direct/Trading Standards if you aren't seeing progress.[/quote]

Their web site looks really professional, and If I hadnt read this thread I could easily have ordered from them.

• 10 months later...

Yes, I'm yet another victim of the Silverstone Amp covers scam…
My advice: STAY AWAY FROM SILVERSTONE AMP COVERS!

my story in short:
I ordered 2 amp covers from Silverstone in july, the payment immediately went off my bank account, but I still haven't received the covers. I tried to e-mail the man from Silverstone (Shaun Dunk) repeatedly but he simply ignores all communication.

No proof of dispatching, no tracking possibilty, nothing whatsoever.

He simply ignores all my e-mails asking for info, explanation, etc...

Shaun Dunk is a thief: he takes peoples money but doesn't deliver any goods.
When you ask him about it, he first lies (mostly you get 1 reply from him, stating something like 'I don't know what happened, I'll look into it first thing tomorrow' or something like that) - and after that he ignores all mails, calls, faxes etc. and marks your e-mail adress as spam. He's business is a scam.
I'm not the only one with such an experience, there are many testimonials around on several forums from many people who lost their money the same way (just google his name) - but apparently he is STILL in so called 'business' and he STILL rips people off.
I really don't understand why his website has not been taken offline by now.

I hope by writing my experience with them here can be a warning to other people: avoid Silverstone Amp Covers. At all costs.
:)

• 1 year later...

This guy is still stealing. I wish I had read the above comments before ordering last September. DO NOT order from Silvertone Amp Covers and DO NOT buy anything via NOCHEX who have failed to offer me any evidence they actually passed on my money. It looks like a stitch-up to me.