Why become a member? ×

I made a solo album!

kingforaday

good work mate - the production sounds spot on, good mix - the vocals feel perhaps weakest, they sound a bit dry and don't have a lot of tone somehow, but that's just preference and I really am NOT a producer so feel free to ignore me!!

:)

I'd love to hear a bit about the set up of the recordings - ie. did you get loan of a studio? How did you capture the drum tracks, and which track did you lay down first? Also what software you used..

Nice work

[quote name='Jigster' post='1065603' date='Dec 21 2010, 01:02 PM']good work mate - the production sounds spot on, good mix - the vocals feel perhaps weakest, they sound a bit dry and don't have a lot of tone somehow, but that's just preference and I really am NOT a producer so feel free to ignore me!!

:)

I'd love to hear a bit about the set up of the recordings - ie. did you get loan of a studio? How did you capture the drum tracks, and which track did you lay down first? Also what software you used..

Nice work[/quote]

cheers fo the reply, it was recorded at a local studio, I recorded a guide bass with a click track at home on audition, then rehearsed drums to that, went in the studio (they used logic 9 i believe) and recorded drums to the bass click tracks, then bass, then guitar and then all the vocals. Cheers for taking the time to give it a listen!

[quote name='Blademan_98' post='1066117' date='Dec 21 2010, 08:22 PM']Wow, really cool.

I would like a CD!

Can you make the tracks available for download?

Cheers

Brian[/quote]

for some reason every time i tried to select the download thing my computer kept freezing so i gave up... i got a load of cds made though so if you PM me an address i'll stick one in the post to you!

Thanks
Matt

[quote name='AntLockyer' post='1069978' date='Dec 27 2010, 10:47 AM']I really like it. I'm inspired enough to work on my vocals to do my own solo effort.[/quote]

cool! yeah i'm no singer and only very recently, last year sometime, ever actually sang in front of anyone (backing vocals in a band i joined) but its definitly worth giving it a go! the whole solo album thing may be a lonely way to go but i really enjoyed it, sounds obvious but everytime i finished something i thought "right now the guitar/bass/whatever.... oh yeah thats me as well, awesome!"
also i guess as with all of the stuff i did on this its easier to do it yourself than try to explain to someone how you want it played/sung without sounding like a dictator! cheers for listening and good luck with your project!

[quote name='BottomE' post='1068229' date='Dec 23 2010, 08:47 PM']good work m8. i am into the funk/soul vibe but can appreciate work well done.[/quote]

thank you for giving it a listen! its nice to hear you can find something in it to like even though its not quite your style, thats a good way to be!