Why become a member? ×

Squier Vista Series Musicmaster

willyf87

Just got one, sounds good, feels great set up well and to top it off it's surf green. Really surprised with the quality of this. Will get some pics up at some point for all too see, would be interesting to know if any of you guys have one and what you think of them.

Edited by willyf87

I had one in Shell Pink. I bought it in part because the Bass Centre were selling them off for £99 at one point. It was a nice bass and better all round than the late 70's Fenders I'd tried in the past - better neck, tone and weight. I only got shot of it because I didn't really have a use for that sort of tone at the time, a decision I regretted when I joined a garage punk band a few years later.

JeanLuc Pickguard also had a Shell Pink Squier and still has an early 70's Fender version for comparison; I'm sure he'll chip in at some point.

[quote name='Musky' post='1063247' date='Dec 19 2010, 09:29 AM']JeanLuc Pickguard also had a Shell Pink Squier and still has an early 70's Fender version for comparison; I'm sure he'll chip in at some point.[/quote]
Mine was pretty heavy compared to my '71 musicmaster, but still very playable. It was solid as a rock and sounded better than a pink bass should. The only problem I had was that the neck was quite chunky making it impossible to get any relief in the neck with light flatwounds. Once I got my CIJ mustang, which has a slim, narrow neck, and works with a set of Thomastik TI JF324, the musicmasters didn't get a look in.