Triple laminate maple neck
Walnut body wings with thick Birds eye maple top
Ebony fingerboard abalone inlays
Twin Bartolini pick up
Piezo bridge pickup
Controls are - Large knobs volume for each Pup
Pull front Vol gives active to Barts and brings in Bass and Treble
Switch activates Piezo bridge and there is Bass Mid Treble controls below
Piezo can be used with Barts in Passive or active mode.
I played this for ten years with Barts passive straight out no EQ and used just the volumes to balance tone across pickups
Excelent condition comes with Ritter Gig Bag
Have owned since 1995 Have played 5 string for last 7 years so not used now
Excellent condition and very nice tone Low fast action

[b]Bass is in West Berkshire UK Looking IRO £800 [/b]

Edited by deepbass5

I've used its big sister (Lag Force 6) for over ten years now, and I can confirm this is a *very* nice instrument.
You can literally hear the wood, and I've only received compliments on the way this bass sounds on stage.
Now if only I could find another 6...

Some more Photos, and info. Cheers
These were Made in 38 Chemin de Moulis Toulouse France in the early 1990's They made 4's 5's and 6's headed and headless, They later dropped the piezo and featured a Warwick style separate tail piece.
I bought this one from the Gallery in London. Lag stopped making guitars and basses in France, and then they popped up again a few years ago with just imported Guitars, no basses.
The Piezo Bridge can be adjusted by 4 pots inside a volume for each string. Also the head takes ball end or non ball end, so you can use your favourite string and clamp with allen key and cut off excess.

Edited by deepbass5

[quote name='deepbass5' post='1067181' date='Dec 22 2010, 08:27 PM']Some more Photos, and info. Cheers
These were Made in 38 Chemin de Moulis Toulouse France in the early 1990's They made 4's 5's and 6's headed and headless, They later dropped the piezo and featured a Warwick style separate tail piece.
I bought this one from the Gallery in London. Lag stopped making guitars and basses in France, and then they popped up again a few years ago with just imported Guitars, no basses.
The Piezo Bridge can be adjusted by 4 pots inside a volume for each string. Also the head takes ball end or non ball end, so you can use your favourite string and clamp with allen key and cut off excess.[/quote]

Mon dieu, that's a beast of a bass. Any part exchanges considered for it or are you looking for sale only?

From the first post....

Large knobs volume for each Pup
Pull front Vol gives active to Barts and brings in Bass and Treble
Switch activates Piezo bridge and there is Bass Mid Treble controls below

So basically you're looking at two volume controls, a two band bass EQ and piezo controls on top of that.

Hi All.
Thanks for showing an interest; I do not really want to trade as there is not much I am after at present. But will respond personally to serious offers and questions you have. This bass has been sat in its case for 5 -7 years so I'm in no hurry to give it away. I do feel it is worth around £800 as that is a typical second hand Stingray price, and this is better than that. I accept it is only worth what someone is willing to pay. The only reason I am selling it, is I have admitted to myself I am unlikely to play it live again for fear of going for the B string that isn’t there.
Strap included with Jim Dunlop straplocks that fit the bass.
The bass as you pick it up is Passive and you have a large volume knob for each pick up, you have to switch the piezo in if required. and have to pull front volume if you want active Bart’s, then you get two band EQ Bass/Treble front two small knobs. Piezo is obviously active to work when switch in, but sounds different when Bart’s are in active or passive.
To me I prefer the sound best in Passive, but the knobs are great at scaring Guitarist. probably good for tapping and dose have good upright sound plucked high up the neck with Piezo on with its treble wound off

[quote name='MoonBassAlpha' post='1068257' date='Dec 23 2010, 09:31 PM']This is a lovely looking bass, quite remeniscent of a Sei Original, though I guess these pre-date Sei by a few years.
Mmmm![/quote]

Similar to the Sei and similar Leduc headless bass also from France. I also feel this is very Vigier, not only shape and pickup placement but Lag guitars and basses at the time used transfers on the headstocks just as Vigier use now.
The neck is very Precision like, which is why I went for this, as my previous bass was a 77 P Bass. Stays in tune well, It also has 27 frets if you are into chords and double stops.

Edited by deepbass5