Why become a member? ×

Mr Big Undertow

ezbass

I am a HUGE Mr. Big fan, i missed a week of school to see them in London for my birthday and also in Belgium!

People find that odd, considering their hit which reached 3rd? in the charts here in 1992 is three years before i was born!

Mr. Big have always meant something to me, the year i "discovered" (as it were) them, they decided to get back together after that, then Billys Attitude 25th edition was annouced the week after i had found out the UK waiting list for the Red ones is 7 months! (But Thanks to Alex at Yamaha Customer support i already knew about them xD)

Fantastic band, amazing musicans, nice people and they are back, and i HOPE to stay!

The song "Around the world" is on Youtube as well as part of an interview
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1mJw8CBeDo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1mJw8CBeDo[/url]

Which has amazing riffage!

Haha bit of a Fanboy rant! But thats what i am!

Long live Mr. Big!

I saw this when Billy posted it a few days ago and I thought it was alright. Like most Mr Big it seems to have the usual great guitar and bass parts spoiled somewhat by lacklustre drumming and cheesy vocals. Billy and Paul are an awesome team but Mr Big has never been their finest moment. Having seen Billy live a few times now with Steve Vai and having seen Paul Gilbert live too I can confirm that they are indeed amazing but better off in these situations as opposed to Mr Big.

[quote name='AttitudeCastle' post='1063362' date='Dec 19 2010, 11:25 AM']I am a HUGE Mr. Big fan, i missed a week of school to see them in London for my birthday and also in Belgium!

People find that odd, considering their hit which reached 3rd? in the charts here in 1992 is three years before i was born!

Mr. Big have always meant something to me, the year i "discovered" (as it were) them, they decided to get back together after that, then Billys Attitude 25th edition was annouced the week after i had found out the UK waiting list for the Red ones is 7 months! (But Thanks to Alex at Yamaha Customer support i already knew about them xD)

Fantastic band, amazing musicans, nice people and they are back, and i HOPE to stay!

The song "Around the world" is on Youtube as well as part of an interview
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1mJw8CBeDo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1mJw8CBeDo[/url]

Which has amazing riffage!

Haha bit of a Fanboy rant! But thats what i am!

Long live Mr. Big![/quote]

It's great that younger fans are discovering them. I bought the first album on the day of release and saw them 6 times back in the early nineties, including at the Marquee.
By the mid nineties, there was zero press interest in them in the UK and I felt like the only fan here for many years! New stuff sounds great, they should be back over here in 2011.

[quote name='Chris2112' post='1063422' date='Dec 19 2010, 12:13 PM']Billy and Paul are amazing together. The stuff they do from 04:21 onwards in this video is absolutely incredible...what a tune!

[/quote]

That is an amazing thing they did, it was great in London!

That show changed my life, 100%

Mr Big has completely changed my life, and its thanks to them i even play bass! as i loved Lean into it, having heard two tracks off it i decided to buy it!

And thanks :)