Why become a member? ×

Let's stay together - Al Green : tab request

Shaggy

[quote name='Hamster' post='1054608' date='Dec 11 2010, 12:09 AM']I put this together for you, I think it's sort of ok - but someone who knows what they're talking about will be along in a minute!!

Hamster

[attachment=66151:Let_s_St...Together.pdf][/quote]

Just out of interest,the notes are written an octave too low,resulting in all those nasty ledger lines which are out of the instruments range.They are right if you were playing it on keys,but for bass you should have it written an octave higher.Bass is technically a transposing instrument-it sounds an octave lower than what is written.

[quote name='Hamster' post='1054608' date='Dec 11 2010, 12:09 AM']I put this together for you, I think it's sort of ok - but someone who knows what they're talking about will be along in a minute!!

Hamster

[attachment=66151:Let_s_St...Together.pdf][/quote]

Hamster, you've saved me once again - thanks mate! :)

[quote name='Doddy' post='1054637' date='Dec 11 2010, 01:39 AM']Just out of interest,the notes are written an octave too low,resulting in all those nasty ledger lines which are out of the instruments range.They are right if you were playing it on keys,but for bass you should have it written an octave higher.Bass is technically a transposing instrument-it sounds an octave lower than what is written.[/quote]

No problemo, it was only the tab I wanted anyway. I used to sight read music well (trained on violin) but got lazy, and my other main instrument these days is renaissance lute - for which all music written was in tablature form.