Why become a member? ×

De ja Noob

McCat

Hello all,
I'm pretty sure I posted here once or twice many years ago but honestly just can't remember.
Anyway, been bassless for a couple of years and currently awaiting delivery of an Epiphone EB-0. Used to own a Burns Marquee, a knackered 60's Aria 'Thing' and some random Musicman copy, I can't really get away with longer scale basses. I just ain't got the digits for them. I just want to get back into the groove :)

Big fan of The Who, Queen, Cream, older rock/blues that sort of thing which, seems to still be a potential problem for me. I do eventually want to get in to a band of some sort and those around my age (i'm 25) don't seem to go for that sort of thing. We shall see. Need to get the damned bass first and see how rusty my fingers are.

No doubt I shall have questions about setups and so on within the next few days.

Welcome & good luck in your search for likeminded bandmates. Like you, I prefer music from before I was born & when I was very young so I agree it can be harder sometimes finding likeminded musicians. I don't think age is as big a deal to most these days. I think I've been the baby of my last few bands though. I'm 37 now and found age got less important once I was over 25 (sounds like I'm saying you are getting old! :) ). Anyhow, best of luck