Why become a member? ×

Any covers bands in the burnley area????

Heres the story

I live in a pub and have a band (ideal place to gig now and then) so its my dads 50th birthday this saturday and hs bee planning it for 8 months, in this 8 months weve been booked to play at it.

a couple of weeks ago the singer turned to me and said hes working but would try and get it covered. Since then hs been out gigging with his boss' band and getting off work no trouble. So when it comes to a gig thats been booked longer than he's had the job he cant get it off work and also states it would look bad on the other band because they could be gigging too!

So now theres a big party and no band, we werent going to charge seeing as it is my dad after all and now im wondering if there are any cover bands at all in the burnley area who could possibly fill in for a bit of cash (tbc). Im still waiting on aswers from others andall that, but i though i could pose the question to try and dig my way out of this insanely deep s**t hole.

yours in desperation
Anthony

hey guys got it covered, mates bands doing it now.

i did suggest covering the vocals becuase i do most of the backing anyway, but when the idea was put forward i then found that he had told the guitarist days ago so then he also made seperate plans for the evening. now i have to chip in £50 on top of whatever my dad is paying to have another band come round.

Time for a new band maybe?