Why become a member? ×

It's OFFICIAL! New Squiers!!!

Circle_of_Fifths

[size=5][center][color="Blue"]New Squier Arrivals On 12/10[/color][/center][/size]

[b][url="http://elderly.com/fmic/names/squier-and-reg%3b-vintage-modified-series-jazz-bass--SQVMJF.htm"]SQUIER® VINTAGE MODIFIED SERIES JAZZ BASS®[/url][/b]

[quote][list]
[*]3-color sunburst finish,
[*]Agathis body,
[*]Maple neck,
[*]Fretless Ebonol fingerboard with 20 white celluloid fret lines,
[*]34" scale length,
[*]9.5" radius,
[*]1.50" nut width,
[*]2 Duncan designed JB101 Jazz Bass pickups with AlNico 5 magnets,
[*]2 volume, 1 tone,
[*]Knurled chrome dome knobs,
[*]Less case.
[/list]
Expected arrival date 12/10/10[/quote]

[b][url="http://elderly.com/fmic/names/squier-and-reg%3b-vintage-modified-series-jazz-bass--SQVMJ77.htm"]
SQUIER® VINTAGE MODIFIED SERIES JAZZ BASS® 77[/url][/b]

[quote][list]
[*]Classic 70's styling,
[*]Gloss black finish,
[*]Agathis body,
[*]One-piece maple neck, maple fingerboard with white binding and white pearloid block inlays,
[*]20 medium-jumbo frets,
[*]34" scale length,
[*]9.5" radius,
[*]1.50" nut width,
[*]2 Duncan Designed single-coil Jazz Bass pickups,
[*]2 volume, 1 tone,
[*]Black plastic control knobs,
[*]Cchrome control panel,
[*]3-ply black pickguard,
[*]Chrome hardware,
[*]Less case.
[/list]
Expected arrival date 12/10/10[/quote]

I have NO AFFILIATION with Elderly Music - this is the site that has them posted and I just passed this on for drooling and dreaming factors only.

Edited by Circle_of_Fifths

[quote name='dannybuoy' post='1048980' date='Dec 6 2010, 12:00 AM']You're a little late to the party. That fretless came over 2 years ago and the other one a couple of months ago![/quote]

Not ME! I'm just reporting this here.

But I fully understand the chagrin as I personally don't see much difference from existing models either - but notice that they are ORDERED and ARRIVING in a couple of days - and that may be something or nothing.

Elderly is no slouch in the instrument business and they are always on the cusp of what's happening - so I just reported this and was scratching [u]my[/u] head at the same time too.

It might be a Xmas thing too - you know: get the Squier name out there and some new pictures, even if there's no new basses ---- YET!

But yes - there's a small element of humor here too.

I had a good go on the '77 this weekend. I wanted to really like it, as I'm a massive fan of the CV series. Sadly for me at least, it's got the same feeling neck that the VM Jazz has, but with those nice blocks - I was hoping for a really high gloss neck but it's not - a shame but I realise this is personal taste. The bridge is distictly average, and i'm not a basher of the BBOT but this does feel quite flimsy, certainly compared to the solid unit found on the CV.

It also sounds really bright and quite powerful - not bad in itself, but compared to the warmer, if slightly lower output thump of the CV, it's a much harsher tone - I suspect this might make it cut through better, but to my ear this wasn't that pleasant. Maybe a string change would sort this.

LOVE the fretless though, if only I could play one properly :)

Cheers,
James