Why become a member? ×

Westfield Jazz bass... phat beast

mcnach

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='1042731' date='Nov 30 2010, 06:36 PM']Its more about the sideways movement of the saddles than the anchoring or the mass for me that makes the difference. I know there is a lot of stuff talked about them but when I put one on my Jazz the difference in tone and sustain was massive! I know some people dont want any extra mainly on P basses as its part of the sound but on a jazz type bass I cant recommend one (Or a similar version) enough. I have just put one of the cheap Stellah ones on my P bass which is pretty much the same as the BBOT but has slots for the saddle screws to run in and is a bit heavier too. Good improvement for better adjustment and tone for £15 or around that. So you dont have to go the full £100 BA route anyway.

One of these and the covered string ends look good too.
[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Stellah-BB-02-Hard-Tail-Bass-Guitar-Bridge-New-/390265161829?pt=UK_Guitar_Accessories&hash=item5add9dc865"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Stellah-BB-02-Hard-T...=item5add9dc865[/url][/quote]

I like the look of that one.
Maybe one day I'll give it a try, just to see whether I can hear any difference at all. I can spend £10 for curiosity, I won't spend £100!

[quote name='mcnach' post='1043746' date='Dec 1 2010, 01:37 PM']I like the look of that one.
Maybe one day I'll give it a try, just to see whether I can hear any difference at all. I can spend £10 for curiosity, I won't spend £100![/quote]

It ceratinly wont make it any worse thats for sure and like you say £10 for curiousity. I only have a BA on my jazz because they were a lot less at the time, I think maybe £55 or something which I could get back for it secondhand especially as the grooves have been cut which might put someone off buying new anyway. That said its staying because its good!