Why become a member? ×

Prosebass Sorta EUB (2010)

Happy Jack

One thing a broken leg and an operation do for you ... they certainly make you re-think your priorities. :)

An unexpected side-effect of my rather unfortunate last two weeks is that I've decided I really need to re-structure my collection of basses, perhaps into something that's less of a "collection" and more a few basses that I play all the time.

So I'm launching half-a-dozen 'For Sale' topics today. I'm quoting a price in each case, but if you think it appropriate then feel free to make me an offer. The worst that can happen is that I'll tell you that you can f*** right off, mate. :)

As if ...

Anyway.

[attachment=64942:CIMG0504.JPG]

This is a bit of fun that Paul Rose knocked up when a parts neck was delivered to him with a dodgy fingerboard. He made a new extended board for it and mounted it as an upright for players who can only play electric bass. Like me. :lol:

It's all a bit Heath Robinson, but surprisingly effective. The tone is one of the best 'Mwahs' I've ever heard from a fretless, and I had my luthier put the fret-end markers up the side of the neck to make intonation easy.

Plenty more (not very good) pics at [url="http://tinypic.com/a/2i2wo/3"]http://tinypic.com/a/2i2wo/3[/url]

I couldn't find a gigbag for it (no, really?) so I bought a really good padded fishing-rod bag instead. Simples.

The free-standing tripod means that you can have this bass on stage with you while you play electric bass, and you can then walk up to the EUB and play it while your electric bass is still around your neck.

There are no controls. The tone is what the tone is, and volume is controlled at the amp (or the pedal, if you're that way inclined).

The whole thing, including tripod, weighs less than some basses I've owned.

I'm looking for just [size=3][b]£180[/b][/size] for this, but I won't be accepting offers - it's just too much fun to give it away.

Best option would be collection from Chiswick. Second best would be collection from the West End. This would be a real bugger to post.

Edited by Happy Jack

[quote name='owen' post='1037399' date='Nov 26 2010, 09:05 AM']I aspire to having a personal luthier.[/quote]
Jack has a town luthier and a country luthier :)

Here's a bump from me as I have briefly played this EUB and its very user-friendly

PS, Owen, how DID you get your DB covered in lepoard spot? Its so cool

[quote name='Clarky' post='1037401' date='Nov 26 2010, 09:08 AM']PS, Owen, how DID you get your DB covered in lepoard spot? Its so cool[/quote]

My mother-in- law made it for me out of teddy bear material. It comes off like a giant cardigan closed by velcro at the front. If I did country and western I would have a cow one made :)

Ummm.. bump for Jack.