Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Overwater Progress II 6 String £850 ono Price Drop

cd_david

Beautiful AAA Flamed Ash on Maple, 9 Piece neck Gold hardware, OVW Humbuckers and Active V, P, T, T circuit.

36" Scale

Plays like a dream, superb sound and tone,

Really is immaculate and commissioned by me.

Sale only please [size=6][b]£850 ono[/b][/size] plus postage.

Cheers

Dave

Edited by cd_david

• 6 months later...

Hi Leo

It has a very clear sound particularly on the bottom end, I know a lot of 6s sound like a nylon up the very top but seem to lack detail and clarity at the B, this is very tight and pronounced at the low B and all the way up keeps the even tone. The top doesn't sound like a nylon string more like a steel or bronze wound acoustic, very ringy and definitely metallic. Whether this is the Overwater circuit Im not sure as I only ever run it mid pan and tones fully on, I presume its a mass and choice of woods thing. Hope this helps?

I think I may have a very old recording of it somewhere, I will try to find it and upload it.

Cheers

Dave

[quote name='cd_david' post='1030713' date='Nov 20 2010, 07:51 PM']Beautiful AAA Flamed Ash on Maple, 9 Piece neck Gold hardware, OVW Humbuckers and Active V, P, T, T circuit.

36" Scale

Plays like a dream, superb sound and tone,

Really is immaculate and commissioned by me.

Sale only please [b]£950[/b] plus postage.

Cheers

Dave

[/quote]

I have played this & it feels great but I dont have a spare penny...

Good luck with the sale, Im sure someone will snap this up before I get a chance to rob a bank!

[quote name='Machines' post='1274657' date='Jun 19 2011, 12:50 PM']For anyone interested in this - if you do get it those bridge saddles can easily come up nice with a bit of brasso ! Look as good as new..[/quote]

You do realise I am going to have to do that now :) LOL, was going to stick a new set of OW strings on anyway so I give them a good buffing at the same time :)

As each saddle has multiple parts, I took each one apart and did all around (even the bits you can't see) - just be careful with the intonation nuts underneath ! Very easy for them to get knocked about.

[quote name='Machines' post='1275031' date='Jun 19 2011, 05:57 PM']As each saddle has multiple parts, I took each one apart and did all around (even the bits you can't see) - just be careful with the intonation nuts underneath ! Very easy for them to get knocked about.[/quote]

Yeah, Ive done them before, trick is to either remove the bridge completely or lie the bass on its back when removing/replacing the intonation bolts.

Cheers

Dave

• 1 month later...

[quote name='Chris2112' post='1317118' date='Jul 26 2011, 02:35 PM']Grrrrr...two new basses bought in the past couple of months, I had meant to get around to buying this beauty![/quote]

There is still time Chris :)

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...