Why become a member? ×

Best NEW sub £110 bass

iconic

forget the buy "s/h quality purchase" I'm talking cheap 'n nasty!!!

I can't believe these uber cheap basses actually can be played for how little they cost....but my thoughts go back to a £89.99 P bass I borrowed some time ago...the only thing I could comment on for the price was the high action at the nut...it played OK and slapped even better!

...my nomination for best looking cheepie goes to the Benson Hot Rod....with racing flames!

I remember gigging one of those 2 Cool 4 School basses from the seller of the same name on Ebay in the US.

I only had EB Power Slinkies so I put them on before the gig. When I took the bass out of the bag the neck was like a banana. Amazingly, I was able to adjust the truss rod enough to get it straight again without it trying to appear through the back of the neck

I think they're £40 or something like that. this was way before those £52 NU something or other ones on UK Ebay.

In fact it was when I was waiting for my gold Warmoth to come from the US

If it can be adjusted, it can be gigged.

I bought a Chiwanese sixer off t'bay for £80 a couple of years back with the intention of ripping it to bits and modding it. Just a toy to learn a bit about construction really.

When i got it, it was so good i couldn't bear to mess with it!
A good setup and it was a fair fall back bass if i didn't want to bring out my Ritter.

Don't get me wrong, i've played much much better, but i've also played much worse costing £500.....

Not a bass, but at band practice the other day, our guitarist popped out to Wilkos and appeared back with a £40 guitar (inc battery powered practice amp, strap, lead etc) and it was pretty good. Didn't sound a world away from his MIJ tele with SD hot rails. He bought it because he does workshops and it'd be nice not to have to worry about his guitars with the kids, but he's gonna use it as a backup for our gigs now. :)