Why become a member? ×

Schroeder mini 12+

Wylie

The Schroeder 12+ mini is a 20-lb. cab with neodymium speaker and titanium super tweeter, with tweeter dial.

This solidly built lightweight speaker is fantastic. I play a Squier 77 jazz through a Hartke 2500 amp and the Schroeder handles anything from heavy bottom to solid mids and beyond.

Our trio is violin, bass, and piano, all amped; no drums, so volume is not a prime concern, though I would add that in outdoor venues or medium-sized rooms, I play fairly loud. A player at a recent gig commented that the sound of the bass 'didn't seem to come out of the speaker; it just [i]is[/i].' The fidelity is second to none.

Build quality is top-notch, with steel-mesh screen. Heavy-duty (but light) sunken handle on side. 1/4-inch and Speakon.

I ordered mine from Jorg Schroeder and would recommend anyone else doing the same, particularly if you're in the US.

Ted

Edited by tedgilley

• 3 months later...

[quote name='tedgilley' post='1025368' date='Nov 16 2010, 12:02 AM']A player at a recent gig commented that the sound of the bass 'didn't seem to come out of the speaker; it just [i]is[/i].' The fidelity is second to none.[/quote]

Your Schroeder is the same as mine. The 400watt neo version. Which is indicated by the 'L' otherwise its the ceramic 500watt ver. (which i assumed by your title).

These mini cabs are amazing. Sooooo light yet so powerful. The quote above perfectly explains Schroeder full stop. They are designed to be like that, filling a room with sound instead of just firing it from the speaker. so it sound just as good if not better standing at the back of a venue.

Only problem with my Schroeder.....because they are SO small and light, getting either a 1212 or 1210 would make barely a difference in weight and transport. Being just as easy to carry. Yet the 1210 is like 800/850 watts. Wow. So, schroeders only problem is making you want more schroeder!

Jorg, you are a bad man indeed :)

Very solid cabinet overall, dont let its size fool you, cause it will fool your drummer :)

I can concur with the overall impression of Schroeder cabs - nothing that small and light should sound like they do. I put a friend onto them for a cab for his heavy metal covers band, because their Trace 4x10 wasn't cutting the mustard - he bought a 1212L and couldn't be happier, and my 1515L is the last bass cab I'll ever need to buy (unless it gets nicked or broken, obviously).

I'd try ringing SHX rather than phoning - I had a few conversations/emails with them before buying my 1515L (from elsewhere, to be fair, but that was only because I needed one quick and they didn't have the stock - they were very helpful), and found the phone was far better.

[quote name='ezbass' post='1148472' date='Mar 3 2011, 10:20 AM']How much did you pay for your mini12 if I can ask? I've emailed SHX about one of these ages ago but didn't get a response.[/quote]

I think the retail on the cab was about $625.

Edited by tedgilley