Why become a member? ×

** Sold ** Fender CIJ 51 RI Precision

spinynorman

NOW SOLD.

It's a 2004/5 R serial in Butterscotch Blonde, which is the modern, striking, vibrant translucent yellow, not the pale wishy-washy almost-beige the older ones had. Slab body, nice chunky neck you can really get your hands around, no skinny girly Jazz necks here. Or, in official Fender terminology: Thick "C" Shape, Fingerboard Radius: 7.25" Radius (184 mm), Nut Width: 1.625" (41.3 mm). Reverse tuners, lovely maple fretboard, skunk stripe, plays like a dream and the single coil pickup sounds all growly and turns girls' knees to jelly. (I'm getting carried away now).

Pretty much stock, except a cover over the 2-saddle bridge and copper shielding in the control cavity and under the pickup, so it no longer hums like a box of badgers. Oh, and Dunlop straplocks. Strung with TI Flats, which suit it rather well.

These have been up for some eye-watering prices recently, on the grounds they're no longer for sale new in the shops. This is a much more realistic £425 collected from darkest Warwickshire or courier would be another £20 in the UK. No case, but double boxed for transit.

Pictures, in case you don't believe me. First picture is a more accurate rendition of the colour than the lighter yellow ones.

Edited by spinynorman

[quote name='Bass_Guardian' post='1025252' date='Nov 15 2010, 09:57 PM']That is sexy as :)[/quote]

Thank you kind Sir.

Already being offered trades. Really do need to sell this for hard cash I'm afraid, the bass and amp cupboard is full.

Edited by spinynorman

[quote name='Delberthot' post='1025531' date='Nov 16 2010, 09:15 AM']amazing basses, such a fantastic sound from these.

er, your bridge cover is on the wrong way though[/quote]

You're right there. Have to say I don't like the look of it at all the right way round. Turning it round would mean new screw holes, though the old ones would still be covered. One of the screw holes is clean, the other chipped slightly round the screw.

Bump for The Original, the single coil wonder mango funk machine.

Here's how sweet they are...

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QGX1ju24-o&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QGX1ju24-o...feature=related[/url]