Why become a member? ×

Ibby SR506 FT/FS

SignsOfDelirium_bassist

Hey there! This is a rather recent aquisition of mine, a wonderful Ibby SR506 (Did the title give it away?). Reason for selling/trading? I just don't get on with 6 strings, the neck is comfy, but still feels weird to me.

It's a great bass, in 9/10 condition as faras I'm concerned, there's a TINY mark on the lower horn, never even saw it 'till it came to taking pics! And there's a weird dent in the back near the neck bolts, no idea what caused this, it hasn't muffed up the finish or anything though. It's got an old but mostly unused set of nickel roundwounds on it, can't remember what make they were, maybe Warwick? not sure.
specs:
Mahogany body
bubinga/Jatoba neck /w Rosewood board
Abalone oval inlays
Bartolini MK1 pups

Here's the ibanez page for more info: [url="http://www.ibanez.com/BassGuitars/model-SR506"]http://www.ibanez.com/BassGuitars/model-SR506[/url]. 99% sure it's got a 16.5mm spacing, thomann seems to think so at least! :)
I've also fited Schaller Straplocks, got the bits that fit onto your strap that'll come with this as well! There's no hardcase I'm afraid, or even a gig bag >.> So I'm gunna say that it's collection/meet up only in North/Central London :)

Selling for [i][b]£320[/b][/i], seeing as it's hardly been used, bar a couple of minor marks! What I'm most interested in though is a trade! Rickenfakers mostly! although if you've got a modified VM Precision TB with a pup near the bridge then let me know! I'd probably be interested, although I'd have to give it a try out first! Same goes for a CV 50s P with a pup near the bridge. If you've got an OLP perhaps? Or even a beat up old MM! I'm pretty open basically, jsut let me know what you've got! Worse I can say is no afterall! Oh, especially if you've got an explorer/SG shaped bass!

Anyway, on with what most of you will be looking at this thread for, the pics!

If you've got any questions, please do feel free to ask away!
Thanks for looking!
Jack.

Price dropped to a more sensible price! Don't know what I was thinking trying to sell it for that much, think I was just too used to trying to sell my other bass for 400 :lol: Whoops! Anyway, price dropped to what I think it actually a decent price: £320.

Edited by SignsOfDelirium_bassist