Why become a member? ×

Gallien Krueger 800RB 110volt

richardd

:) Hi All I am thinking of selling my 1989 Gallien Kruger 800RB it is a USA spec at 110volts it has been around the block but everything works fine,would be selling it without the stepdown tranformer which needs to be rated at 1000watts or more as it pulls 900 on fire up,not selling the transformer as need it for other gear,quality ones are about £75 inc del from Voltage converters,any idea on price anyone or any interest, Rich

[attachment=63791:GK800_RB.jpg]

I have posted it in this forum before putting it in the for sale section :) Edited by richardd

People in the UK and Europe are going to have to factor in the cost of a transformer into the price.

Plus some may be wary of using a transformer if they've never had to use one.

Plus, I still encounter musicians who see my amp and have never heard of the brand before.

But they still sell them in the US so you won't get as much as you would here

That aside, they're fantastic amps. Wish they still sold them in this country

[quote name='richardd' post='1021165' date='Nov 12 2010, 07:19 AM']Yes but the cost shipping make it a bit expensive for US buyers :)[/quote]

Have you e-mailed G-K re adapting the 800RB to run on 230VAC?

Jason Finley
<[email protected]>

alternately...

POLAR AUDIO LTD.
17 ALBERT DR.
BURGESS HILL
WEST SUSSEX RH15 9TN ENGLAND
01444-258258
01444-258444
[email protected]
www.polaraudio.co.uk

...or perhaps in the fullness of time...

"Can a 1989 800RB be internally adjusted to operate on 230VAC?"
[url="http://www.gallien.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=120"]http://www.gallien.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=120[/url]

Hi There in Cannada.Yes I have been in touch with GK here in the UK and the USA and they say they no longer keep the 240v transformers since they stopped producing the Europien model,the only way as I have been told is to get a transformer wound to the UK specs but that is an expensive job,so the stepdown was the cheapest option,and with which it works just fine,GK said they would look around there old store room to see if there is one gathering dust,so I am still waiting for a reply, The only way the transformer could be changed was if it had 4 tags on the mains side,which it does not only 2 T :) hanks for your help and advice.Rich

[quote name='richardd' post='1021300' date='Nov 12 2010, 08:41 AM']Hi There in Cannada.Yes I have been in touch with GK here in the UK and the USA and they say they no longer keep the 240v transformers since they stopped producing the Europien model,the only way as I have been told is to get a transformer wound to the UK specs but that is an expensive job,so the stepdown was the cheapest option,and with which it works just fine,GK said they would look around there old store room to see if there is one gathering dust,so I am still waiting for a reply, The only way the transformer could be changed was if it had 4 tags on the mains side,which it does not only 2 T :) hanks for your help and advice.Rich[/quote]

For future reference...

"Latest list of amps that are known to provide multi-voltage support (110/115 and 220/240), so they are usable worldwide with a modest level of user intervention."

* Acoustic Image (requires fuse change to match voltage)
* Ampeg SVT-8PRO (auto switching)
* Ampeg BA300/600 combos (auto switching)
* Ashdown Little Giant 1000 (requires fuse change to match voltage)
* Carvin BX500, BX1500, and B2000 (auto-switching)
* Eden WT Series (requires a jumper change - directions under amp cover)
* Epifani UL series (requires fuse change to match voltage)
* Euphonic Audio Micro550 (requires fuse change to match voltage)
* Fender Bassman export series (factory converted for local markets voltage)
* Genz Benz all models (requires fuse change to match voltage)
* GK MB Fusion (requires cover removal and a jumper change)
* Hartke LH500/LH1000 and 3500/5500 (require fuse change to match voltage)
* Markbass F1/F500 (requires cover removal and a jumper change)
* Orange (requires fuse change to match voltage)
* Phil Jones (requires fuse change to match voltage)
* TC Electronic (auto switching)
* TecAmp Puma series (requires fuse change to match voltage)
* Walter Woods (requires fuse change to match voltage)

[url="http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9857682&postcount=34"]http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showpost.php...mp;postcount=34[/url]

Please note: this list is periodically updated.