Why become a member? ×

Quality headphone setup?

Jamesemt

I must admit that i dont really use the Korg much, and certainly not at home.
For reheasing and learning songs i dont really need much hardware.

My setup is Bass (sometimes BDDI) in to the line in on my M-audio 24/96 and then either run A guitar sim like Ampeg SVX or GR4, or just straight through using the BDDI.

I then play along with iTunes etc. The line out gets split between a cheap set of Speakers and the Headphone amp i posted about above.

If im in another room i use a M-audio USB interface in to my Netbook, with either the BDDI connected or SXV and use Itunes to stream the MP3's from my main PC over WiFi. It works really well.

My Headphones are closed but i find they still let in quite a bit so im on the lookout for something more sealed.

I just purchased a Vox Bass Amplug at the weekend. Plug it straight in, choose wether you'd like normal or distortion (flick the switch), adjust your volume, tone and gain settings on it, plug your cans in then you're off! Great piece of kit! Come with 2 AAA batteries and you can get some great sounds out of it. The only bad point is that too much voulme and gain can create hiss (does on my MusicMan [active]). There is also and AUX in so you can jam along to your iPod/CD player etc but I have't trued this yet.

Currently using Some Sennheiser HD 212 PRO cans and for the money, I can't fault them although I'd like to try a set of these: [url="http://www.marshallheadphones.com/product/major"]http://www.marshallheadphones.com/product/major[/url]

Another Korg Pandora user here :)
Cans-wise, I cannot recommend Sennheiser HD280 Pros highly enough. Not the cheapest of the cheap, but then again not wallet-busters either, and ohhh the sound. I bought mine on the recommendation of one of our brethren here.