Why become a member? ×

Pedulla 5 String Thunderbolt

NDH

This was built in 2001. I bought it in 2007 as second owner and used it as my main gig base for about two years. I converted back to 4 string last October.

This is the most expensive bass I've owned and I thought I would never sell it. However, I have been afflicted with the DB bug and want the funds for a decent instrument.

I currently play a MM Sterling, which I am very happy with but, whenever I take the Pedulla off the wall for a blast I can always tell why it cost a lot more. Lovely instrument to play; great tone and very even tone across the strings.

It has a few dints and the gold hardware is wearing in places [sweat, I think] but the condition is generally good, as you can see fromt he pics. Mansons [Exeter] who ordered it for the first buyer and then sold it to me said that the finish is AAA flame maple. The original strap buttons are gold, which I will replace on sale.

Slighltly battered but completely servicable Pedulla hard case inclduded.

I enquired about a new 4 string version of this and was quoted £2,500.

Will sell for £1500

Nigel

[attachment=63766:ped_3.jpg] [attachment=63769:ped_6.jpg] [attachment=63765:ped_2.jpg] [attachment=63767:ped_4.jpg] [attachment=63768:ped_5.jpg] [attachment=63770:ped_1.jpg]

Edited by NDH

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

[quote name='bubinga5' post='1140225' date='Feb 24 2011, 06:17 PM']WOW...thats a great price!!!! what is it with Pedullas... world class instruments that go so cheap...[/quote]

This is the best bargain on basschat right now. I used to own one of these and they are fantastic!!. I only sold mine to finance a high end 4 string as 5 string was not for me. someone will be very happy if they go for it