Why become a member? ×

La Bella 760N black nylon tapewound 60-115

I had these on my 51P bass to emulate an upright sound but the new owner of the bass didn't want them so I swapped them out. They are only a few weeks old, in very good condition with the silks largely unmolested (albeit I have cut the ends down to fit a body-through Fender scale length neatly). Straight competitors to Rotosound TruBass strings but, in my view, nicer feeling (softer, less plastick-y).

Cost me £28.60 + post at Stringbusters. So how about £14 posted?

PS, here's the blurb:

La Bella 760 Black Nylon Tapewound
Re-designed for improved tone, sustain and longevity, these stainless steel wound strings have an outer wrapping of black nylon tape. These smooth nylon tape winding makes them particularly suitable for fretless bass guitars, whilst the warm tone means they also sound good on acoustic bass guitars.

Gauges 60 70 94 115

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='Clarky' post='1018240' date='Nov 9 2010, 11:01 PM']I had these on my 51P bass to emulate an upright sound but the new owner of the bass didn't want them so I swapped them out. They are only a few weeks old, in very good condition with the silks largely unmolested (albeit I have cut the ends down to fit a body-through Fender scale length neatly). Straight competitors to Rotosound TruBass strings but, in my view, nicer feeling (softer, less plastick-y).

Cost me £28.60 + post at Stringbusters. So how about £14 posted?

PS, here's the blurb:

La Bella 760 Black Nylon Tapewound
Re-designed for improved tone, sustain and longevity, these stainless steel wound strings have an outer wrapping of black nylon tape. These smooth nylon tape winding makes them particularly suitable for fretless bass guitars, whilst the warm tone means they also sound good on acoustic bass guitars.

Gauges 60 70 94 115[/quote]
I will take them if they are still available Please PM me

• 2 weeks later...

These are great strings and I agree that they feel and play better than the Rotosound Trubass strings. I've currently got them on my main P bass after trying all sorts including the 88s, TI Flats, Chromes, Fenders, La Bella Jamersons and 760FL (also very good). Time will tell whether I've found my strings but I'd take them over anything else today. Reassuringly chunky but the tension is just right IMO.

Interesting gauge there though - my 3rd string is listed as 0.97.

Edited by markorbit