Why become a member? ×

Drum samples...

moonbass

I'm looking for some cheapish drum samples to expand the ones that come with Logic on my Mac. Anyone got suggestions? I was looking at Komplete 7 Elements, but wondered if it provides enough useful live kit sounds? Has anybody got it or use it, or have other suggestions?
Andy.

Two suggestions - EZ drummer or Superior Drummer 2 - both excellent drum modules with great sounds and very easy to use

or

This guy KJ Sawka - monster drum and bass drummer - great samples to use as loops etc:

[url="http://www.loopmasters.com/product/details/208"]http://www.loopmasters.com/product/details/208[/url]

MyDrumSet

Its a free VSTi, treat it as a mic'ed up kit and do what you want to make any sounds you like from his rather nicely tracked samples. INcludes room mics and ambience mics -- makes it very easy to tailor to whatever you want.

I've got everything from super dry 70's disco to 'so f****** rock' out of it, just by changing the eq, reverb, compression and mic balance.

Thanks chaps; EZ Drummer looks good. I couldn't get MyDrumSet to work, but will maybe give it another go when I get some spare time.
Anyone used Komplete Elements though? Still looks interesting given the other parts of the package for what seems like a great price?
A.

Another vote for EZ drummer as the best choice. Pretty simple to operate and not as expensive as the big brother superior 2. I think Superior is out of the "a bit cheapish" category, but does all I've ever needed.

I used Superior for our band's demos practically straight out of the box with a little tweaking (bit of reverb and compression etc). When we went to record the EP based on those demos the engineer was like "I really loved your drum sound, how did you record that?" He looked a bit sheepish when I told him they were samples.

As far as I know EZ drummer uses the same or similar samples except it doesn't have as many layers as Superior. And you can always expand it with different sample sets if you like it.