Why become a member? ×

Begging for a favour

Slaveunit

I know this is well cheeky, but if you dont ask....

I'm in a right fix. Ive got 2 gigs in the next 2 weeks, and my Trace head has packed up. Went to Guitar gallery in headington and their amp repairer is away until december. Tried Nobby from music box, and he cant turn it around in time (to be honest, I wasnt all that pleased with the last time they 'fixed' it). I've asked the other members of the band, and my other band too for a loan but noone has one. I could even get away with using my practice amp if it had a DI, but im not that lucky.

Does anyone in Oxford or the surrounding area have a head I could borrow? You'd be more than welcome to have my Trace 4x10 cab as a retainer (I have 2, but dont need the volume for either gig so am only taking one), you could even take my second guitar too if you like, free tickets to the gigs if you want them, and my assurance that it wont be pushed (stage noise only, DI'd through PA for power) and my eternal 'I owe you one' if youre ever stuck for a rig...

Gigs are this sat (13th) in Witney and the one after (23rd) in Oxford. I'll collect and deliver same day.

If anyone can help I'd really appreciate it!

Edited by Slaveunit

Good luck in your search.

I'd suggest checking out the local area for rentals and maybe see what you could afford for a di. If you could stretch then it would be a great excuse to buy a basspod. We here on bc are always looking for an excuse for new gear :)

And finally welcome to bc.

I appreciate I am a few days late to this.

I have an Ashdown Mag 300 H head that you can borrow as long as you are able to collect from High Wycombe (and return it too) as I'm not heading out Oxford way any time soon.

drop me a PM if this is of interest.

Are you doing the gig at Fat Lil's ?

I was thinking of coming along anyway - if I do would my MAG300 combo be of any use? I can probably dig out an extension cab as well to give you 2x15..

Cheers

Mark

[quote name='Slaveunit' post='1014783' date='Nov 6 2010, 09:37 PM']I know this is well cheeky, but if you dont ask....

I'm in a right fix. Ive got 2 gigs in the next 2 weeks, and my Trace head has packed up. Went to Guitar gallery in headington and their amp repairer is away until december. Tried Nobby from music box, and he cant turn it around in time (to be honest, I wasnt all that pleased with the last time they 'fixed' it). I've asked the other members of the band, and my other band too for a loan but noone has one. I could even get away with using my practice amp if it had a DI, but im not that lucky.

Does anyone in Oxford or the surrounding area have a head I could borrow? You'd be more than welcome to have my Trace 4x10 cab as a retainer (I have 2, but dont need the volume for either gig so am only taking one), you could even take my second guitar too if you like, free tickets to the gigs if you want them, and my assurance that it wont be pushed (stage noise only, DI'd through PA for power) and my eternal 'I owe you one' if youre ever stuck for a rig...

Gigs are this sat (13th) in Witney and the one after (23rd) in Oxford. I'll collect and deliver same day.

If anyone can help I'd really appreciate it![/quote]