Why become a member? ×

Zoot project bass for sale - £SOLD

Mike

Okay, bit of a funny one, this. This started life as a very early Zoot with a graphite neck. The subsequent owner removed the graphite neck (there was a problem with it and it warped) and replaced it with the current one, which is an Iceni Zoot neck with Schaller tuners. The electronics are EMG, also put in by the previous owner. He also altered the finish to how it is now. For some reason he also mounted a metal block beneath the bridge to give it more height to get the action right. Consequently, when I received it, the action was far too high. I removed the block and it is fine, still a bit high but adjustable. Slighty bizarre, really. I spoke to Mike Walsh (Mr Zoot!) about this bass to get some of this info - I want to clarify that neither he nor me endorses this as a Zoot bass - rather, it just used to be an early one, now modded for better or worse (!). Mike says the neck is actually a 5 string neck - but I'm not 100% sure about this. Visually it may or may not be; but it doesn't feel like one, to my frankly small hands. So I'll let you decide that with the pictures. One of the tuning pegs I believe is mounted backwards- this just means tuning in the opposite (vintage, guys, vintage!) way, but I imagine this can be easily rectified!

It's in fair condition quite a few marks around the top horn and back. I have tried to figure out the controls but I'm at a loss. The switch turns it "off". The others - I'm not sure. I can't reliably tell you whether they are bass & treble, pickup volume - even when they're all down, the bass still sounds. At time it sounds like there is a chorus on it.

Basically I think this is an instrument that, with attention to the electronics etc, could be a really nice player.

So there it is; £200 shipped in two parts (neck and body separated). £190 to anyone who wants to pick it up from Chelmsford, Essex, near the A12. Postcode CM2. PM me for more details - I've tried to be as ruthlessly honest as possible!

Regards

Mike Edited by Mike