Why become a member? ×

marshall mb450h

bobbytodd

Hi Rob

Never had any problems with my MB450H when I had it, and used this facility quite a bit, so this must be a unit problem rather than generic to the amp model. In this situation, I`d give Marshall a call, they`ve always been spot on with cusomer service in my experience. 01908 375411.

[quote name='bobbytodd' post='1011175' date='Nov 3 2010, 06:27 PM']hi all right my problem is this when i plug my 450h into the mixing desk it causes the signal to peak even when the gain on the bass channel is right down.so apart from using a mic is there anything i could do to solve this problem

cheers

rob[/quote]

Hi Rob,
Two things spring to mind here:

1) The Pre and Post selector on the back of the amp:
If you're expecting the signal to disappear when you turn the Master Volume down you need to have it set to PRE (button sticking out).
If the button has been pushed in (perhaps in transit?) then everything comes out of the XLR regardless of where the Master Volume is set.
As it's silly o'clock in the morning, I may have that totally back to front, so try it the other way round as well... :)

2) I've found duff XLR cables also create havoc so perhaps try swapping that out as well?

[quote name='bobbytodd' post='1017123' date='Nov 9 2010, 06:32 AM']to be honest im glad its gone.ive had quite a few problems with the head and also the 15" cab.problems like the thermal protection cutting in poorly constructed pcb's bad solder joints.[/quote]

:)
Such as shame, they used to make such good kit that is still working 40+ years later.