Why become a member? ×

Some combo advise would be greatly appreciated.

ConnorHamilton

Hi,

I'm need a practice amp for the house which could also be used for jams.

I'm thinking 12-15in speaker with 80-100 watt output.

I've got about £350 to spend but that is my maximum and anything under that would be good considering Christmas is on the horizon.

Any recommendations or advise would be greatly appreciated.

I am considering currently:-

Ampeg BA115
SWR LA15
Eden EN12
EBS 60

Thanks in anticipation,

Connor.

Edited by ConnorHamilton

I'd be tempted by an Ashdown Electric Blue 180. 180 watt, 15" speaker, compressor and Ashdown's sub harmonic generator. The evo II (current model) has the proper Ashdown VU meter now instead of the crappy printed one the older models have. You can usually pick these up new for around £300 - a great little combo for that money.

[url="http://www.antonesguitars.com/ashdown-electric-blue-15-180-evo-ii-180w-combo-714-p.asp"]http://www.antonesguitars.com/ashdown-elec...combo-714-p.asp[/url]

Edited by danhkr

[quote name='danhkr' post='1011018' date='Nov 3 2010, 04:38 PM']I'd be tempted by an Ashdown Electric Blue 180. 180 watt, 15" speaker, compressor and Ashdown's sub harmonic generator. The evo II (current model) has the proper Ashdown VU meter now instead of the crappy printed one the older models have. You can usually pick these up new for around £300 - a great little combo for that money.

[url="http://www.antonesguitars.com/ashdown-electric-blue-15-180-evo-ii-180w-combo-714-p.asp"]http://www.antonesguitars.com/ashdown-elec...combo-714-p.asp[/url][/quote]

Thanks mate, I had an Ashdown ABM500 for a while with 2 MAG 410's and also with an Ampeg 410HLF and wasn't a fan!

I'm more of a Hi-Fi guy to be honest.

But thanks again for your input.

With that budget you could pick up something on this forum probably powerful enough to gig with. For example sold my trace combo on here sometime back for about 300 ish I think. Can't remember exact spec but 15" speaker 12 band graphic etc and with the option of adding an extension cab.

[quote name='ConnorHamilton' post='1010755' date='Nov 3 2010, 01:44 PM']Hi,

I'm need a practice amp for the house which could also be used for jams.

I'm thinking 12-15in speaker with 80-100 watt output.

I've got about £350 to spend but that is my maximum and anything under that would be good considering Christmas is on the horizon.

Any recommendations or advise would be greatly appreciated.

I am considering currently:-

Ampeg BA115
SWR LA15
Eden EN12
EBS 60

Thanks in anticipation,

Connor.[/quote]
Hows about...........................Roland DB 700 .....with headphone socket.... :)

[quote name='gary mac' post='1011094' date='Nov 3 2010, 05:19 PM']With that budget you could pick up something on this forum probably powerful enough to gig with. For example sold my trace combo on here sometime back for about 300 ish I think. Can't remember exact spec but 15" speaker 12 band graphic etc and with the option of adding an extension cab.[/quote]

Yeah mate was going to say, anyone selling anything that might interest me let me know. Ive had a look at the forums but not really sure how you go about buying on there!

Thanks very much for your help.

Connor.

The Ampeg BA115 is no longer in production i "believe"

But you could pick up a BA115T with a tube in the pre for £225 on Basschats very own market place!

Welcome to Basschat btw connor!! :)

Buy used and you could get alot of amp!

EDIT!!!!

And don't be afraid Basschat is THE BEST FORM ON THE INTERWEB!

Edited by AttitudeCastle

I sold one of those slot-fronted Trace Elliot combos not long back, was a stonking bit of kit and eminently giggable despite its small size and 10" driver; I think mine went for less than £200, if I needed an easily-transportable gigging amp I'd buy another one in a flash.

If I could remember the model number :) someone'll be along shortly to refresh my memory...

[quote name='Ian Savage' post='1011166' date='Nov 3 2010, 06:16 PM']I sold one of those slot-fronted Trace Elliot combos not long back, was a stonking bit of kit and eminently giggable despite its small size and 10" driver; I think mine went for less than £200, if I needed an easily-transportable gigging amp I'd buy another one in a flash.

If I could remember the model number :) someone'll be along shortly to refresh my memory...[/quote]

I'm going to sound really picky hear but definately not interested in Trace or Ashdown.

Thanks for the reply though.