Why become a member? ×

Mark Bass LM3 (III) - Totally immaculate - SOLD PENDING

Musicman20

As per the title, I fancy a change as the LM3 and RH450 are both warm and clear amps. I fancy trying something different and adding a different amp to my arsenal. I may live to regret this though as the amp is lovely!

Price is due to immaculate condition and the fact it has no signs of use. I have owned this from new, and it was shipped stright from the Bass Merchant chaps, and was never on display beforehand. I have kept it in a very sturdy Gig Skinz gig bag for the majority of the time. Hence, it has no marks, not even fingerprints! It still even has the inspection sticker attached.

Only played at low volumes. Quick, clear, warm and punchy! We all know the tone of these amps already. Set it flat, and maybe add VPE or VPF. Plug and play.

The amp will be shipped in its original box with all the original packaging and instructions.

I may have a brand new, still sealed L/XL Markbass T Shirt that I can throw in as well. WOW! :)

Price: £440 including P&P.

Postage: Yes, I will post after payment. Otherwise, pickup in North East Lincolnshire for £420.

Payment: Bank transfer or cash in collection.

Please see my feedback in my signature. My gear is always incredibly well looked after.

Link to specs: [url="http://www.markbass.it/products.php?lingua=en&cat=1&vedi=99"]http://www.markbass.it/products.php?lingua...t=1&vedi=99[/url]

I have a picture here and more can be provided:

[attachment=62536:DSC00267.JPG]

Edited by Musicman20

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='LukeFRC' post='1033284' date='Nov 22 2010, 10:25 PM']i don't think I have anything of interest to you, so just asking out of curiosity.
But what sort of different thing would you be after?[/quote]

Hi!

I THINK im looking for a different flavour of lightweight amp....

[quote name='LukeFRC' post='1033640' date='Nov 23 2010, 10:38 AM']... shuttle... I'm guessing?
quite a difference in weight from your tc stuff to your orange![/quote]

Yeah....and ive just realised I may as well just buy a Shuttle 9.0 and have a fiddle with both for a few months. I am an amp hoarder! We shall see.

[quote name='Prime_BASS' post='1033855' date='Nov 23 2010, 01:35 PM']All these great items not selling hurts my feelings, if I had the cash though I'd have this.

Free bump[/quote]

Cheers, and agreed.

wanna hoard mine! :)

It's interesting looking at your gear list, I guess the orange is the 'daddy' amp and the Tc also with a valve like tone is the one for smaller gigs ones where you cant be bothered with a massive stack...
in my head I had always thought mark bass stuff would be quite clean, but it seems not, the shuttle 9 seems to be the popular clean amp at the moment.

I have no idea why I'm finding your sale and list of gear interesting, lots of stingrays!
I suppose it's giving you a bump or two!

It always makes for a good read.

I can't read it too much as I get a bit envious.

I always thought of markbass as "clean" amps, the reasons I switch from an ORange Terror bass to the MB LMTube was the added clarity, extra high end, how loud it was clean, and "markbass watts". I'm only getting 300w out of it but I have to push it right to the raggered edge before it starts running out of headroom. I've had a few amps rated a lot more going into the cab run out of steam before you hit the cabs absolute limit.

The Markbass is super clean, but very 'warm' due to its design and Class A/B poweramp. This makes it often sound like a 'faster' tube amp but without the actual overdrive tubes make. The Shuttle amps, (the 9.0 is what interests me) are very very clean and quite 'precise' in their sound, and you can have a bit of tube overdrive type tone if you set the input gain up like that. The Shuttle amps dont have that inherent warmth like the MB amps IMO....although the 9.0 is much closer.

Thanks chaps! After my news yesterday of having to find a new apartment asap (landlord has sold it) myself and the missus are going to be VERY busy, so im probably just going to keep this instead of messing about and selling. Few more days, then ill withdraw.

Edited by Musicman20

• 2 months later...

[quote name='cocco' post='1121944' date='Feb 9 2011, 09:37 PM']What's the output like on these? I'm on the Market for something simular in weight :)[/quote]

The LM2 (version before) had a bench test with Bass Gear Magazine (I think it was them!) and proved to have a very healthy output...put it this way, at 8 ohms, I need no more than about 1/3 master volume with the gain set so the light doesnt flash at all.

At 4 ohms, the MB heads really open up!