Why become a member? ×

Ska Tone

parker_muse

Hey fellas,

I'm having a change around in my rig in my pursuit to be Horace Panter from The Specials.

Just acquired a Westone Thunder Jet (basically a Thunder 1) with some nice flats on it so i can get his classic P tone - i might stick a wizard in to make it super vintage?

Will the flats help to get that old school tone or will they detract from it? Will it be a bit wooly?

I'll also hopefully be running a Marshall Bass State B150 - nice big speaker for those booming ska bass tones.

Think Nite Klub or Too Much Too Young - thats the tone i want.

Cheers fellas.

Tom

Horace Panter played some great bass lines, and was always leaping about and jumping around the stage! :) some of his better bass lines were recorded with him 2 feet off of the ground! :lol:
Check out the Old Grey Whistle Test DVD!

Edited by Hobbayne

[quote name='Hobbayne' post='1003816' date='Oct 28 2010, 02:41 PM']Horace Panter played some great bass lines, and was always leaping about and jumping around the stage! :lol: some of his better bass lines were recorded with him 2 feet off of the ground! :)
Check out the Old Grey Whistle Test DVD![/quote]
Very underrated. Some of his recordings are spot on old school P imho.... sometimes a little too old school. :)