Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Music Man SUB

BottomEndian

[b]***SOLD*** ***SOLD*** ***SOLD***[/b]

This is in very good nick. It's served me well over the years but the Graft Recurve has usurped it as my fretted 4-string of choice, so it's off! Thick, meaty, aggressive sound. Kind of like a 2EQ StingRay, but... not. IIRC, the pickup's wired in series, rather than parallel as in the "real" Ray. Active, 2-band EQ, battery lasts for ages. Just a few very, very light knocks on the headstock; you can see the worst on the "point" of the headstock, and it's not even through to the wood. You could run a black marker over it and no one would be any the wiser. :lol:

I'm looking for [b][s]£380 delivered in the UK[/s] ***SOLD***[/b], including Kinsman hardfoam case [url="http://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Kinsman-HFB6-Hard-foam-Bass-Guitar-Case/C8Z"]just like this one[/url] and a big cardboard box with lots of padding. No trades, thanks!

Please note that since I took these pictures, I've put the pickguard back on (easy to get off again if you don't like it), along with the original strap buttons. Oh, and it's now got a set of lightly-used medium DR Sunbeams on (45-105). I've given it a quick setup and lemon-oiled the board, and it's playing really nicely. It's now not as dusty as it is in the pictures either. :)

Edited by BottomEndian

[quote name='TommyK' post='1003507' date='Oct 28 2010, 11:12 AM']Nice... :)

Are Sub and Genuine Ray necks inter-changeable ......???[/quote]
In all honesty, I have no idea. I suspect they are, but I wouldn't bother (unless you desperately want a maple board or something). The neck profile's as identical as I can tell, so it feels like a genuine Ray. And I prefer the slightly satiny painted black finish to the gloss on some Rays I've tried.

• 4 months later...

[quote name='TommyK' post='1003507' date='Oct 28 2010, 11:12 AM']Are Sub and Genuine Ray necks inter-changeable ......???[/quote]

Have both a 'Ray and a SUB, can confirm neck profiles are identical, only difference is that my 'Ray has an oiled, satin finish, the SUBs are gloss, painted. Difference in finish doesn't worry me, as I'm not actively gigging just now and don't have sweaty hands, however some folk who suffer from the latter don't like glossy necks. Have a bump anyways from a fellow SUB owner, great bass at a great price considering case also included.

Edited by MattM