Why become a member? ×

peavey brian bromberg

davydisco

heres a peavey b-quad brian bromberg and hardcase, in new condition but i want another bass graphite necked bass but i would consider all offers but im really after a status 4 stringed and frtted king bass,s2 in mint condition as this is as new theres not 1 mark on it at all,when they popped up for sale in the 90s they cost £2k+ and they dont come up very often they are an amazing bass thanks

Edited by davydisco

I have to own up that I'd never heard of Brian Bromberg until Saturday night when I saw him play briefly. In fact I thought they called him Brian Berg so I had to look him up!

I thought his bass looked pretty cool and, in his hands, sounded great :)

[quote name='molan' post='1000740' date='Oct 26 2010, 05:02 AM']I have to own up that I'd never heard of Brian Bromberg until Saturday night when I saw him play briefly. In fact I thought they called him Brian Berg so I had to look him up!

I thought his bass looked pretty cool and, in his hands, sounded great :)[/quote]

hello molan i hadnt heard of him u ntil i got this bass its absolutely amazing they cost £2000 in 1996 i did what u did i had to look him up,it hasnt made a difference im still crap on the bass lol cheers

Edited by davydisco

[quote name='Mike' post='1002097' date='Oct 27 2010, 09:58 AM']Very nice - do you have a for sale price? I think the forum rules require it. Superb looking bass! I love BB.[/quote]

Only if it is a sale, this is a trade.

Edited by kevbass

I understand that Kev but in my experience here, this rule;

[i][b]5. You must state a price for your item. Anything without a price clearly stated will be subject to removal.[/b][/i]

has been enforced quite stringently, so I thought it best to give a friendly suggestion to the seller before someone does it in a less friendly, more direct way.

I believe this is to be regarded as a Sales forum rather than Trades.

Anyway, good luck to the seller....if there were I price I'd consider making a cash offer- nothing really to trade right now.

[quote name='Chris2112' post='1002329' date='Oct 27 2010, 12:38 PM']Given that it's so close to me, I'd have quite happily paid around £800 or so for this a couple of weeks ago had I not bought my awesome ACG! It's close to me as well, still an interesting bass.[/quote]

thankyou lads for your comments,i wouldnt know what price to ask for it as it just looks as if it just came out the shop also it comes with a hardase bothj are totally as new cheers

[quote name='Mike' post='1002246' date='Oct 27 2010, 11:44 AM']I understand that Kev but in my experience here, this rule;

[i][b]5. You must state a price for your item. Anything without a price clearly stated will be subject to removal.[/b][/i]

has been enforced quite stringently, so I thought it best to give a friendly suggestion to the seller before someone does it in a less friendly, more direct way.

I believe this is to be regarded as a Sales forum rather than Trades.

Anyway, good luck to the seller....if there were I price I'd consider making a cash offer- nothing really to trade right now.[/quote]

That's not how I understand it, I thought you have to put a price on something if you're selling it, i.e you can't say make me an offer in terms of money you need to state a price, but if you're looking to just trade a bass for another bass then you wouldn't state a price because you aren't selling, you're trading.

Indeed, when I offered my Alembic for trade I held off for a good few days before offering the sale price. However, I think this item would typically be worth around £750 looking at what the other ones have sold for (and this is the price vmaxblues listed for his beautiful blue minter).

[quote name='Chris2112' post='1003828' date='Oct 28 2010, 02:53 PM']Indeed, when I offered my Alembic for trade I held off for a good few days before offering the sale price. However, I think this item would typically be worth around £750 looking at what the other ones have sold for (and this is the price vmaxblues listed for his beautiful blue minter).[/quote]

I've always wanted one of these, gorgeous instruments.

[quote name='kevbass' post='1003835' date='Oct 28 2010, 02:56 PM']I've always wanted one of these, gorgeous instruments.[/quote]

thankyou for your comments,i wouldnt take less than a grand only because its as new its absolutely mint and thats what i roughly paid for it and i want to recoup my money thanks