Why become a member? ×

Logic Pro 9 on an Imac G5

OliverBlackman

[quote name='blackmn90' post='1000408' date='Oct 25 2010, 08:03 PM']Hi, not sure where to post this so this will do. I have an Imac G5 with 2GHZ processor and 2GB RAM. But it won't run snow leopard as it doesn't have an Intel prosessor. Does this mean it will also not run Logic Pro 9?[/quote]

I don't think so unfortunately but I was able to run Logic 8 on plain old Leopard, but to be on the safe side try Googlng your Mac specs and Logic 9 as there'll undoubtedly be a Geektastic forum somewhere (like this but for Macs :) ) and you will get a definitive answer. My one other thought is you might want to increase your RAM to 4gb just so you can safely run it without it crashing, 2gb is a good start but some plugins can be RAM hungry and can mean your Mac may grind to a halt, just a suggestion.

Hope that helps

M

You'll find that even if you can get it running it will be very power hungry as it has very little optimisation for the G5 - it was written for Intel Processors... You be able to run about twice as much stuff on a bog standard new iMac. See if you can get Logic Studio 1 or, even better, Pro 7 as it will go much better.

[quote name='blackmn90' post='1000717' date='Oct 26 2010, 01:56 AM']unfortunately 2gb its as upgradable as it can get. I think i may just run garageband for now. My PC had sonar and thats to a similar spec but sonar destroyed it and every project crashed.[/quote]

I'm not surprised, my PC is twice the RAM and i usually have to up the latency if i'm mixing with a lot of effects.

Spec below -

Minimum requirements to install all applications
Mac computer with an Intel processor
1GB of RAM (2GB or more highly recommended)
Display with 1280-by-800 or higher resolution
Mac OS X v10.5.7 or later
QuickTime 7.6 or later
DVD drive for installation
Additional recommendations
PCI Express, ExpressCard/34, USB, or FireWire-based audio interface
At least 2GB of RAM for large EXS instruments
USB musical keyboard (or suitable MIDI keyboard and interface) for instruments
Logic Node requires a Mac computer with an Intel Core processor.
Logic Pro 9.1 and MainStage 2.1 require Mac OS X v10.6.2 or later and an Intel Core 2 Duo processor to run in 64-bit mode.