Why become a member? ×

Current Setup

lukeward2004

Hi Guys,

As some of you may know, ive been trying out various lightweight cabs in the search for a suitable replacement for my trusty old Hartke 410 XL, now in the capable hands of Mr Tinman, and have finally settled on a cab to complete my setup.

Since getting to grips with the Bass Pod (Thanks to Ped for the help!) and spending many months twiddling and tweaking my patches to suit the sounds I need from each of my basses, I wanted to find a cab with as minimal colouration as possible, so as to accurately emulate my sounds from the Pod in a live situation.

I tried many cabs and decided I wanted a Tech Soundsystems/TecAmp ND 410 cab, however I was unable to find one for love nor money in this country and didnt fancy importing one, so earlier today I popped to the Bass Gallery in North London and tried out the Epifani UL 310 cab they had for sale.

After about an hour and a half of deliberation and testing with various basses similar to my own, I bought it - its not as clean as the Tech Cabs I tried before, but its good enough. It weighs Sod all, it sounds HUUUUGE and it has a decent tweeter built in.

Anyway, im yet to try it in anger with the band but here is my new toy!

And my Rack....

And with my Basses....

Warwick Streamer Stage One 4 string with Aguilar 2 band Pre and EMG pickups, Warwick Streamer LX 5

"JazzBasstard" & Ibanez Gary Willis fretless 5

Signal Path is currently Bass > AKG WMS 400 Wireless > Bass Pod XT > Aphex Aural Exciter > QSC Poweramp > Epifani UL310.

Having played with it in low volumes at home, it sounds great after a little EQ tweaking as it seems to have more Mids than I would expect, but nothing too major. Will need to tweak my patches for all my basses here but its all part of the fun!

Enjoy!