Why become a member? ×

I quit the band today

[quote name='BurritoBass' post='1000280' date='Oct 25 2010, 06:20 PM']I'm also at that stage of having fun with my parents so can relate. Ultimately for me music is a hobby, albeit one that I take very seriously. If a band is doing my head in, I would walk away. In fact this applies to things in general. Work pays my mortgage so I tolerate fools but if a band started to become a hassle, I'd leave. The reality is we don't always have time to learn songs 100% of the time. If you have a busy / stressful job (& most of us do) plus other family commitments etc I think most bands get a far greater commitment than they should. Plus if he's not learnt the song 100%, he doesn't know the song. Just because he knows it better than you doesn't mean he can give you a hard time. You acknoweldge a personality clash. If you can deal with it, deal with it, if you can't don't. Between my Mum's Alzheimer's, my constant check ups at the local cancer hospital and 300 other factors I won't go in to, I simply won't suffer fools if it isn't benefiting me! And if anyone wants to think less of me because of it, I couldn't care less! There is a lot more in life than a few tunes and a small cult following. Just don't tell my wife! :)

I get this but we have a lot of capo songs and it's amazing how great sounding musicians come very unstuck when the position is changed. I tend to be the go-to-guy for the "what key are we playing in?" question :lol:[/quote]

Well, at our last gig ,guitar a lost his capo,and we had to do something else instead. I did a couple of tv themes,but he just couldn't find his capo ,poor sod.
Good job the 'crowd' liked my theme tunes. :) At least I don't let the band down like that

Got phonecall from mr. vocals. He agreees with me,but still wants me to do gig in less than 2 weeks
that he's booked. I told him that if the guitarists can't be bothered to talk to me,why should I bother etc.

He's got one of the guitarists to ring me,and I missed his call. May have to ring him in a few minutes...