Why become a member? ×

Tech21 Sansamp or VT Bass Driver?

Bloc Riff Nut

The biggest difference is that the BDDI has a DI whereas the VT doesn't (or at least it didn't last time I looked). Both will give you a tonal change as will any number of other players in this area, MXR M80, Aguilar Tone Hammer, Sadowsky Preamp/DI to name but 3.

[quote name='Salt on your Bass?' post='992521' date='Oct 18 2010, 05:48 PM']Vt deluxe has a di, and is designed 2 banks of 3 presets for different instruments, with inputs for both. Different tones between the units though. Check u tub. :-)[/quote]
Now that's exciting [url="http://www.shopatron.com/products/productdetail/part_number=CS-VT-DLX/1388.0.1.1.49323.0.0.0.0"]http://www.shopatron.com/products/productd...1.49323.0.0.0.0[/url]

[quote name='philipleonard' post='992450' date='Oct 18 2010, 12:04 PM']Hello bottom-enders,

This may seem like a silly question; What's the difference between the TECH 21 BASS DRIVER D.I. DELUXE 325 Euro's and the
TECH 21 VT BASS DELUXE 295Euro's ?

I'm looking for a tool to change tone (and sometimes basses) in between songs.

Phil.[/quote]

Our BDD and VTBD do share the same interface. The main difference is type of tones each is capable of. The BDD is based on the tone of our Bass Driver DI which has a built in mid-scoop and voiced for more modern playing styles. The VTBD is based on our Character Series VT Bass pedal which is voiced like the Ampeg SVT amp.Obviously sound is quite subjective so I would recommend checking the two out with your own bass if possible. There are also a number of videos on YouTube to use for reference as well.

Conversely i just picked up the vt bass deluxe and iove it! Great that tech21 are round these parts now! Thanks for the gret work guys!

Try em both, see what floats your boat, and in a band contxt as wel. :)

[quote name='josh3184' post='996267' date='Oct 21 2010, 07:24 PM']Oh wow, hello tech21! Good to have another manufacturer on the forum :lol:

To philipleonard I've only got experience with the BDDI but it's a really good pedal, you can get some fantastic tones out of it[/quote]