Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Fender Fretless Precison (Japan)

AndyTravis

Hi guys...

This was on hold as part of my 'everything must go sale'.
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=104741&st=40"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=104741&st=40[/url]

Through no fault of the person i had it on hold for, he's been unable to complete.

With great regret, i'm letting this rare reissue Fender Fretless Precision Bass go.

It's an Ash body, with some very cool flame pattern running through it, it has a tight neck joint, the neck is Maple with a seperate gloss maple fingerboard.

No marks on the bass it's wearing roundwounds i got it with, so there is some very minor hazing from the strings on the upper part of the neck - you have to hold it up to the light and move the strings around to even see it.

Fender USA pickups.

Big TV style logo.

Not the biggest Precision neck i've played, it's smaller than the 62 Precision i've sold recently.

I've added genuine Fender pickup covers and a 'period' over style thumbrest - Allparts own brand.

Sound wise it's big, you can do the fretless gear without the every man and his dog 'Jaco' tone (not that it offends me, it's a great sound, but this bass has a fairly unique voice.)

Includes the original Fender Japan Gigbag.

Fretless Precision 10.8lbs - Not the lightest, but not stupid, feels very solid and sustains forever.

It owes me a USA Strat and a fair chunk of dough, so i need to see £650 [u](now £600)[/u] for it.

No trades, [b]at all[/b].

Paypal - Add Fees.
Bank Transfer preffered.

KEEPING HOLD OF THIS FOR NOW - SORRY

Edited by AndyTravis

Andy, that is a lovely, lovely bass. If you had been putting it back up for sale with a jazz neck on it I would currently be in my car halfway to Manchester with a ton of cash in the glove compartment.

I can vouch for the 'wow' factor of this one. I gigged it a few times and without fail before, during interval and after the gig, the punters were coming up and eyeballing it very closely. I am probably the un-coolest looking band member in history, but with that thing strapped round my neck I was an attention grabber.

Best of luck with the sale.