Why become a member? ×

Boss ME-8B

Kev

What a pedal :)

Recently took delivery of one on here and i love it, synth tones are superb and synth modes 5-9 actually track better than anything iv had before, deep impact included. Awesome! Insane that boss have not resused these sounds in other pedals (GT6B synths are truly terrible)

Internal sound source synth modes are, as usual, awful and completely unusable (no idea why Boss persist with these?) I am not finding the t-wah as good as other people seem to, seem a little harsh to me...

Compressor seems pretty good, can be quite noisy but i am sure it wouldn't be a problem in a live band situation.

Can only find one overdrive setting i like, the fuzz and distortion are pretty rubbish tbf. Octaver is perfectly good, like the flanger and chorus, delay is very good imo. Reverb is quite digital but i wont be bothering with that anyway. Looking to buy an expression pedal to complete the package at some point.

However this pedal is all about the synth, really, really good :lol:

Anyone got any settings they would particularly like to share?

Edited by Kev

[quote name='Kev' post='986076' date='Oct 12 2010, 07:06 PM']What a pedal :)

Recently took delivery of one on here and i love it, synth tones are superb and synth modes 5-9 actually track better than anything iv had before, deep impact included. Awesome! Insane that boss have not resused these sounds in other pedals (GT6B synths are truly terrible)

Internal sound source synth modes are, as usual, awful and completely unusable (no idea why Boss persist with these?) I am not finding the t-wah as good as other people seem to, seem a little harsh to me...

Compressor seems pretty good, can be quite noisy but i am sure it wouldn't be a problem in a live band situation.

Can only find one overdrive setting i like, the fuzz and distortion are pretty rubbish tbf. Octaver is perfectly good, like the flanger and chorus, delay is very good imo. Reverb is quite digital but i wont be bothering with that anyway. Looking to buy an expression pedal to complete the package at some point.

However this pedal is all about the synth, really, really good :lol:

Anyone got any settings they would particularly like to share?[/quote]

synthy sound clips, please??? :)

I have one of these also. Not a great user of the synth bit, But...

Get a non-latching footswitch, and use that as a tempo switch. It can then control the Delay, and (better still) the flanger, which can have a cycle length of anything between about an eighth of a note to 4 bars. In perfect time, naturally.

ME8-B. Sounding more like a Messerschmitt than any other pedal! :)

Sadly i have no interface to record anything at the moment so i can't post clips, having lots of fun though :)

Will be getting a couple of footswitches and an expression pedal to max its use, love the manual mode (treats unit like 5 separate compact pedals) and extra foot pedal will let me switch by foot :lol: