Why become a member? ×

Need something more for my powerhouse

cris the man

what'd you guys recommend to power an 800watt mesa boogie powerhouse 2x15?

im running an eden wtx500 through there at the moment, and the tone is fantastic, but i need something a little louder, as the ol' limiter pops up on the head due to wattage and various equations that confuse me

does anyone have any ideas? i'm not after a valve amp head
any helps great

thanks !

[quote name='cris the man' post='980617' date='Oct 7 2010, 03:15 PM']what'd you guys recommend to power an 800watt mesa boogie powerhouse 2x15?

im running an eden wtx500 through there at the moment, and the tone is fantastic, but i need something a little louder, as the ol' limiter pops up on the head due to wattage and various equations that confuse me

does anyone have any ideas? i'm not after a valve amp head
any helps great

thanks ![/quote]

My garbage deleted

Edited by dincz

[quote name='chris_b' post='980771' date='Oct 7 2010, 05:43 PM']There's a Mesa Big Block 750 in the for sale section.[/quote]

yeah i saw! looks like a great bargain and is even shown ontop of a powerhouse on their website i think. the only problem with that one is that is needs a step up transformer and it hasn't got the 3 band eq im after though like what i have on my eden, as well as the magic enhancer knob

would you say a big block would be better than a bigger eden? i'm really digging the eden sound
i've got my eyes on a world tour 700 watt head, that looks like the step up from my wtx500

[url="http://www.nevadamusic.co.uk/Guitar_Amplifiers_and_Speakers/Bass_Amps,_Combos_and_Cabinets/Bass_Amplifiers/sc1590/p9671.aspx?utm_source=google&utm_medium=GoogleShopping&utm_campaign=googlebase&utm_term={keyword}"]http://www.nevadamusic.co.uk/Guitar_Amplif..._term={keyword}[/url]

but that big block does look like a bargain, does anyone have any experience with any of these heads or a powerhouse? it'd be great to her from you

Edited by cris the man