Why become a member? ×

SOLD please remove

holio.cornolio

OK, you know the drill.

As you can see, this is a straight, '72 telecaster bass, with only slight, honest playing wear. This is a factory natural Bass, not stripped, but the finish is slightly scabby / orange peely around the heel. I am confident that this is factory natural, since if it was stripped, it was a VERY thorough job, as there's NO trace of any colour anywhere else on the body. Even the ferrule holes are clean, and it's all solder in tact (including bridge earth). It's pretty standard weight for the era, I've played heavier [i]Les Pauls[/i], but this is no lightweight. The sounds is HUGE, as you would expect, and it has it's OHSC with plenty of Rock n Roll history covering it. This is a very straight, well preserved piece of Fender's mighty heritage. Oh yes, and it has the infamous 3 bolt microtilt neck, but thankfully, the microtilt has never been used, just the good old fashioned cardboard shim, so there's to ski jump neck hump to contend with.

This bass plays beautfully as is. Has a decent, low / medium action and although the frets will tell you that they've been played, there's still plenty of life in them and no horrible rattles of flat / dead spots. Neck is true, no twists, and just the right amount of relief to allow a nice action without any rattling.

I'm open to sensible offers on this beast. Get your Gruhns guides out and PM me with an offer, but don't be too cheeky eh? This is an opportunity to buy a piece of valid Fender history at a sensible price. And let's not forget, the 70s seem to get cooler every day. Looking for something IRO £[s]1700[/s] 1500.

[attachment=60769:PG0_0509.jpg][attachment=60768:PG0_0499.jpg][attachment=60767:PG0_0496.jpg][attach
ment=60766:PG0_0494.jpg][attachment=60765:PG0_0476.jpg]

Edited by holio.cornolio

[quote name='tredders' post='989723' date='Oct 15 2010, 10:24 PM']What kind of neck does this have on it? Never played a Telecaster bass, but have lusted after one for ages....[/quote]
F.A.T. it's a serious p bass sized handful. A proper 70s deep U if you like. Man sized! A seriously comfy neck if big necks are your thing (and they are mine!)

[quote name='evilLordJuju' post='992669' date='Oct 18 2010, 07:51 PM']Gibson RD Artist bass?[/quote]
Can I be a tart and say, tell me more, but probably not? Whilst I do love the look of the rd artist, I've not played one, and need to raise some actual cash from this. It would have to be very special to force the sale of something else from the stable..... They all get played see, and my jazz, which would have to go instead, is a deeply lovely thing. So tell me more and i will mull it over.

[quote name='BoomBass' post='988841' date='Oct 15 2010, 08:58 AM']If only it had been one of the 51 RI Telecasters, I'd be all over this...! Good luck with the sale. :-)[/quote]
like this one maybe...51 P reissue....mint but 15 years old

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...