Why become a member? ×

Anywhere in the UK sell pickguards for

ben604

Sims are great but as you say, not the cheapest. I got them to make me a blank PG for my old DJ5. On top of the cost they charged, i also had the cost of sending my original one to them.
I would use them again for a custom PG if i had to, but considering they wanted £45 + postage for a B/W/B MIA one i went to WD music and got one for £15.

I really didnt see any big difference (or any IIR) between the DJ5 PG and the WD music MIA one.

Edited by dave_bass5

Dave,
I am lucky in that they are both 15 mins max from me and next door to each other.
I couldn't get any custom guards from WD and the money goes into the print on the plate, IMO.

I saw the blanks and I saw the colour options and I went for the ones that would work best.
I wasn't going to skimp on anything but wasn't that sure about the colour.

When I put the tort on the J5, the vintage vibe is so coooool, I was delighted it worked so well.

Now I have all my basses as I want them, I hope to put pics up soon.

I don't know what else to suggest re the OP... you need to see them, IMV.

In your case i would do exactly the same. My problem was just finding a plain black one. If i was going for a tort or pattern then i think i would steer clear of the cheaper ones.
Its great you can just pop round too them. Looking at finishes etc on line doesn't really give a good indication of how things will look in the flesh.

Its funny but living in the centre of london you would think i would have everything on my door step but its not like that and quite frustrating.

Dave, next time you want one done, send me the template and I'll pop over. There are far worst places to waste time in..now that they (Sims) have a customer lounge with loads of basses on the wall and a Glock rig in the corner to noodle about on :)

For stock cuts, then there are loads of places to consider but custom plates means the guy on the premises cuts and fits it.
Mine worked out really well, but I couldn't buy stock anyway..they wouldn't fit.

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='980738' date='Oct 7 2010, 05:12 PM']Doesn't stop me spending way more than i earn though ;-)[/quote]
Me too (mind you that's not hard :)) but living in Aberdeen you get used to the fact that everything bass related that you need or have GAS for has a P&P charge added to it. :lol: