Why become a member? ×

Bach basses - anyone have one? Played one?

Muzz

[quote name='Johnston' post='977243' date='Oct 4 2010, 03:38 PM'][url="http://www.bachmusik.com/en/bach-ft-1-or_p1550"]fenderbird[/url]

Wouldn't mind knowing a bit myself !!![/quote]
Lots on the [url="http://bassoutpost.com/index.php?topic=2847.0"]Fenderbird at the Last Bass Outpost[/url].

And also a very very long thread on the [url="http://bassoutpost.com/index.php?topic=434.0"]Bach Non-reverse Thunderbird also at the Last Bass Outpost[/url].

[quote name='Johnston' post='977243' date='Oct 4 2010, 03:38 PM'][url="http://www.bachmusik.com/en/bach-ft-1-or_p1550"]fenderbird[/url]

Wouldn't mind knowing a bit myself !!![/quote]
By the way, the guy playing the Fenderbird in the Youtube clip is Basvarken at the Last Bass Outpost and is, I think, an agent for B&CH based in the Netherlands.

[quote name='Stacker' post='977283' date='Oct 4 2010, 04:12 PM']I'll bet the RIC police on Rickresource contacted John Hall long ago about these fellas; I'm surprised they haven't gotten an injuction slapped on them yet, for they've been out for a while.[/quote]
Not entirely convinced RIC's reach extends to the Czech Republic - in fact not too far outside the US. Lots of Rick copies seem to get openly sold with impunity these days, so it's probably a bit more than they can cope with.

These are definitely a bit special-looking compared to the run-of-the-mill Rockinbetters & Anniversaries, and I'd love to get a good look at one. If I remember rightly there have been a few Bach threads on here before, although not for a while.

Didn't the main guy from Bach actually post here a few times?

Jon.

i had a mahogany '51 Pbass replica of theirs a few years ago, it played surprisingly well and had a nice feel to it - the pup was bit weak! in the end i sold the body and neck separatly! Ive looked at their new stuff and they look good too, i emailed them for a pic of the headstock on their marcus miller rip off, and its a standard fender shape! thinking i might get one!?

[quote name='Bassassin' post='977686' date='Oct 4 2010, 09:23 PM']Not entirely convinced RIC's reach extends to the Czech Republic - in fact not too far outside the US. Lots of Rick copies seem to get openly sold with impunity these days, so it's probably a bit more than they can cope with.

These are definitely a bit special-looking compared to the run-of-the-mill Rockinbetters & Anniversaries, and I'd love to get a good look at one. If I remember rightly there have been a few Bach threads on here before, although not for a while.

Didn't the main guy from Bach actually post here a few times?

Jon.[/quote]

If that's the case, all the better! It'll put those fuds on RR in a right knot! I'm almost tempted to go post there under my sockpuppet name and go 'Seen this?' just to watch the fireworks.

Agreed: miles better than those others you mentioned. I rather like the Entwistle-inspire Fenderbird; I'd have that! In Zebra stripes.

Speaking of shid Rick-a-likes, I bought an Alden Beatbacker a few years back, on a whim. It was awful: rough, unsealed wood in parts, buzzy electrics and a scratchplate that still had the straight-edge of the cutting machine on one side, Sent it back to 'Wales' where, after much humming and hawing, I was given a refund.

Edited by Stacker