Why become a member? ×

Neckdive

Mikeg

[quote name='Mikeg' post='975964' date='Oct 3 2010, 01:55 PM']Where to?[/quote]

I was wondering that.... :) If it's already at the end of the horn, as I presume it is, its not as though you can move anywhere useful.

Best advice I had is to get a very wide strap made out of some kind of non-slip material (leather with a soft inner surface is good). Also, try playing about with the position you play in... neck horizontal, neck at a steeper angle, etc.

You may not be able to stop the neckdive (without shaving the neck and headstock significantly) but at least you can make it more manageable.

[quote name='Conan' post='975971' date='Oct 3 2010, 02:00 PM']I was wondering that.... :) If it's already at the end of the horn, as I presume it is, its not as though you can move anywhere useful.

Best advice I had is to get a very wide strap made out of some kind of non-slip material (leather with a soft inner surface is good). Also, try playing about with the position you play in... neck horizontal, neck at a steeper angle, etc.

You may not be able to stop the neckdive (without shaving the neck and headstock significantly) but at least you can make it more manageable.[/quote]

a counter weight around the strap at the bridge end :lol:

I only played once with a neck dive bass, I got backache from standing in a weird stance to compensate

[quote name='Mikeg' post='975930' date='Oct 3 2010, 01:16 PM']ive got a crappy bass lying around, its a jazz style bass, looks lovely but its got quite bad neck dive.
any way to fix or help it?[/quote]
Get yourself a "Hunchback"
I currently have them in medium and large sizes price £10 + £12 respectively.....
worked for QUASI