Why become a member? ×

Need Status bass advice on a price.

leschirons

Friend of mine is selling his Status as he's changed to guitar.

He has no idea of a fair and resonable price to ask as he can't find any info and has nothing to compare. He contacted the Statii site for advice and had one reply from some guy who says it's only worth such and such but he'd be interested. (Alarm bells)

This is the info from the warranty card. It is cased, with all the original case candy and documentation, NOT a bolt on, in nearly 10/10 condition after 18 years of having one owner from new. I say nearly 10/10 as it is after all 18 years old but looks new.
As far as I'm aware, the Series 1 is not the same as an S1 but what do I know? Maybe one of you knows better. Pic attached to show shape / model etc.

Model; series 1 headed ( 4 string) Blue sunburst
serial no; 1418
Date of completion; 22/10/92
Facing wood ; ash Finish; Polyester
Circuit ; stack Pickups; Hyperactive J / J.
Mould finish; Woven Graphite

Any help appreciated.

Edited by leschirons

Quite a rare beast this one. I would say that the value would be around £800 given it's a graphite through neck model. Wooden neck series ones go for around £400 to £500, and bolt on graphite necks around £600. This is approximate and depends on the condition and market forces...

Wil

[quote name='zero9' post='975219' date='Oct 2 2010, 05:49 PM']Quite a rare beast this one. I would say that the value would be around £800 given it's a graphite through neck model. Wooden neck series ones go for around £400 to £500, and bolt on graphite necks around £600. This is approximate and depends on the condition and market forces...

Wil[/quote]

Thanks, I'll pass that on.

[quote name='martthebass' post='975340' date='Oct 2 2010, 07:36 PM']I'd agree with above bit say £800 should be looked at as a minimum, on a good day it (in this condition) maybe up to £1k. I think the headed generally do a little worse cash wise than headless.[/quote]

FWIW, Status seem to be having a rough patch, there has been a nice S2000 going for £1075 here for a while now and it's just not moving. However, I recall when that price would have seemed excessive for an S2000, the market is in flux...

I like the old Series 1s, still playing mine regularly after all these years!

They didn't make them for long which makes them a bit rarer, I would say probably about £700 - £800 at the moment if it's in great condition. When the economy picks up it'll probably go back up again a bit.

Unfortunately second hand Statii don't seem to be going for much at the moment unless they're headless and got fancy wood facings.

Edited by Fat Rich