Why become a member? ×

Mbox 2 mini - anyone have personal experience of it, is it any good ?.

6stringbassist

Following on from my other thread about M-audio stuff.

Does anyone have any experience of this, it gets a reasonably good review in Sound on sound.

It seems like pretty good value for money, but does it sound any good ?.

Some people here say that the converters sound crap [url="http://www.gearslutz.com/board/"]http://www.gearslutz.com/board/[/url] but they seem to be pretty much all professional sound engineers, or come across like they really know what they're talking about, or are they comparing it with really expensive gear.

I'm not planning on using it to record anything for release.

[quote]Pro Tools is just, IMHO, the best sequencer available[/quote]

One of the best - some of the others have caught up when comes to handling audio (unless your talking "proper" protools HD - which is peerless for recording IMHO)

Just steer clear of Cubase (unless you wanna make generic dance music)

[quote name='clauster' post='111425' date='Dec 31 2007, 12:08 PM']One of the best - some of the others have caught up when comes to handling audio (unless your talking "proper" protools HD - which is peerless for recording IMHO)

Just steer clear of Cubase (unless you wanna make generic dance music)[/quote]

I tried Cubase and hated it, it just wasn't logical to use.

as a package logic will offer more at your fingertips without needing to buy extra software such as plugins and it will help develop your writing quicker. pro tools is a great programme for engineering, mixing and designing sound but it is pretty uninspiring for writing music. i use an apogee duet (2 in 2 out like the mbox) and its honestly the best £320 ive spent on audio equipment, and with logic works like a dream, i used to have an mbox2 and a pro tools tdm rig, but this is my favourite setup so far