Why become a member? ×

Jamiroquai

Pete Academy

Could not agree any more with that - spot on.

[quote name='bubinga5' post='972289' date='Sep 30 2010, 01:57 AM']couldnt watch it pass the guitarist..too much...

is JK loosin it...bring back the old days with the Z!!!! the music was much more organic and innocently funky..the first album will always be the best...[/quote]

I quite liked them .

I agree the first song can be seen to be a bit bland when comparing the Zender era , but I thought it had quite a nice mellow groove .

Deeper Underground as others have said lacked a real fat fuzz/synth bass high in the mix , and was shadowed by too loud guitar .

Oh,and was the middle backing singer the one who was/is married to Luke Goss ?

[quote name='socrates' post='972833' date='Sep 30 2010, 03:42 PM']I thought Everything Everything were great too - but am surprised no one has mentioned great bit of bass playing (and quirky moves too) by the bloke with Delta Spirit . . . busy but old-school blue-eyed funky at the same time . . .[/quote]
Ah..so that's who they are! Yes - totally agree with you.

[quote name='bubinga5' post='972968' date='Sep 30 2010, 05:34 PM']what the world doesnt need is generalisation's...[/quote]

The whole world? Bit broad, isn't it? :)

I don't know, I used to play in a big funk band for a few years, shortly after the acid jazz scene took off over here, but there is a lot of really soulless crap in that scene. For example I know Incognito are really popular on here but to me they were always the polite company dinner party version of funk. And what could be more awful than that.