Why become a member? ×

Slash and Friends Tribute Band (Performing Slash's new solo tour set)

chriswilliams666

Hi Guys

This is my new venture that has been along time in progress. Finally booked our first show, to hopefully start something big. We have got sponsorship from Marshall Amplification, Ernie Ball Strings and Jim Dunlop Accessories who, for our opening night have given us some great prizes for lucky ticket buyers. We will be giving away about £800 worth or products from these companies on the night.

Here the the details;

[b]Band: [/b]"Slash and Friends Tribute"
[b]Event: [/b]Live Performance of Slash's Solo World Tour Set
[b]Date: [/b]Friday 10th December 2010
[b]Time: [/b]8.00pm-Very Late
[b]Venue:[/b] White Horse Music Venue - 39 Chichester Rd, BOGNOR REGIS, West Sussex PO21 2XH - [url="http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/place?cid=15626595366224224120&q=white+horse+bognor+regis&gl=uk"]Link to Venue[/url]
[b]Price:[/b] £5.00 (£6.00 inc. Recorded Delivery via www.tiny.cc/slashtribute)

[b]Brief:[/b]
It all started after Gavin Barnard had a 3 year stint with top Guns N Roses tribute "Guns 2 Roses" After leaving Guns 2 Roses and gaining the respect and reputation as the best Slash and Guns N Roses tribute in the world, he thought it would be great to play Slash's back catalogue instead of just Guns N Roses. Now in 2010, and after the release of Slash's solo album, there is no better time to hit the road. Booking enquiries have been coming in after word spread of the new venture.
"Slash and Friends" will be playing there first show in their home town of Bognor Regis. The event is sure to sell out, after 3 previous Guns 2 Roses shows in Gavin's home town did the same in record time at the venue.

Slash only did one UK club show, so it would be good for people to hear the songs off the record in a live situation.

Our set will include hits such as Sweet Child O' Mine, Civil War, Night Train by Guns N Roses. Beggars and Hangers On, Mean Bone by Slash's Snakepit. Slither, Fall to Pieces, Dirty Little Thing by Velvet Revolver. As well as Slash's solo songs Back from Cali, Ghost, Starlight and Dr. Alibi. A total 90-mins of Slash's history.

To purchase tickets visit - [url="http://www.tiny.cc/slashtribute"]www.tiny.cc/slashtribute[/url] or call 01243 868666 for more info.

Edited by chriswilliams666

Will do Jon. Im sure we'll be up there soon. Saying that its only an hour on train, and dirt cheap accomodation down here. Either that or find a floor. It will be worth it dude.

[quote name='jonthebass' post='970112' date='Sep 27 2010, 09:55 PM']Nice one Chris!

A bit too far away for me but if you come to London I'll be there. Be sure to keep us posted please.

Cheers,
Jon[/quote]

• 3 weeks later...

Bump for 1/3 of tickets sold. Another 1/3 accounted for. Would be good for BassChatters to be there to get your thoughts on my sound etc.

[quote name='chriswilliams666' post='970125' date='Sep 27 2010, 10:01 PM']Will do Jon. Im sure we'll be up there soon. Saying that its only an hour on train, and dirt cheap accomodation down here. Either that or find a floor. It will be worth it dude.[/quote]

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Chris, I was down in Bognor at the White Horse on Tuesday for a band rehearsal (long way for a Londoner!) and recognised your gig poster on the wall - then put two and two together! Nice little venue with a decent sized stage. Best of luck with the gig!

Glad you like the place. Its nice we have something local now. Normally this sorta gig would have been out of town. Maybe you should come down to the gig? ;-) You may enjoy it, and hopefully win some music goodies!

[quote name='Clarky' post='1004623' date='Oct 29 2010, 12:46 AM']Hey Chris, I was down in Bognor at the White Horse on Tuesday for a band rehearsal (long way for a Londoner!) and recognised your gig poster on the wall - then put two and two together! Nice little venue with a decent sized stage. Best of luck with the gig![/quote]

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='chriswilliams666' post='970125' date='Sep 27 2010, 09:01 PM']Will do Jon. Im sure we'll be up there soon. Saying that its only an hour on train, and dirt cheap accomodation down here. Either that or find a floor. It will be worth it dude.[/quote]

Sorry Chris, Got a heavy weekend of work that weekend so it is just a bit too far for me this time.
Am really keen to see your band though.

Just out of interest is your 'Slash' buying one of the new Marshall AFD100 amps?

Cheers,
Jon

Unfortunately not. It's a long story as to why not. It shows how anal he is. Our slash runs exactly the same rig slash did in his snakepit days from amps, valves, cables, pedals, racks etc. Oh and 5 slash guitars! I have pics if you're geeky.

By the way the gig sold out last week and the venue has allocated us an extra few tickets. Rock n f'n roll. [quote name='jonthebass' post='1021599' date='Nov 12 2010, 03:50 PM']Sorry Chris, Got a heavy weekend of work that weekend so it is just a bit too far for me this time.
Am really keen to see your band though.

Just out of interest is your 'Slash' buying one of the new Marshall AFD100 amps?

Cheers,
Jon[/quote]

• 2 weeks later...

Just so ya'll know this event sold out a few weeks ago. We then added another 30 extra tickets, and they sold out in a few days.

And Jon, here is a shortlist of Gavs Slash gear...

1. Derrig Replica - Based on Slash's No1 Recording Guitar
2. Appetite Les Paul - Based on Slash's main live guitar
3. Appetite Les Paul - Based on same as above, but during the G n' R days.
4. Guild Acoustic - Same spec/age as Slash's live guitar in G n' R days.
5. The Rig (from top Furman Power Conditioner, Peterson Strobe Tuner, Nady Wireless, Rack Mounted Crybaby Wah, Rocktron Hush NoiseGate and Slash Signature Amp.)

Missing from gallery Gav has matching Slash Cabs, and Custom Shop B C Rich Mockingbird as seen in "You Could be Mine" video.

[quote name='jonthebass' post='1021637' date='Nov 12 2010, 04:27 PM']Yes I'm a geek and would love to see some pics please!
Shame about the AFD100 as it is just a killer amp. When I saw Slash gig with the current line amp that amp sounded [i]REALLY[/i] good across his whole catalogue of songs.[/quote]

Edited by chriswilliams666

• 3 weeks later...

not sure if the right place to post? -

went to this gig last night - [b]Slash and Friends were great [/b]- highlight of the evening for me was Night Train and Ghost, and of course Sweet Child of mine.
Support band were short of singer apparently - and the poorer for that.

Thanks to Chris and Gav (especially for squaring my buds name " on the door")

Would recomend seeing Slash and Friends to anyone liking the genre... look out for them

Thanks for the comment. Glad you liked it. Was a crazy night but we got there in the end. Thanks for coming!

[quote name='playframe king' post='1054881' date='Dec 11 2010, 12:33 PM']not sure if the right place to post? -

went to this gig last night - [b]Slash and Friends were great [/b]- highlight of the evening for me was Night Train and Ghost, and of course Sweet Child of mine.
Support band were short of singer apparently - and the poorer for that.

Thanks to Chris and Gav (especially for squaring my buds name " on the door")

Would recomend seeing Slash and Friends to anyone liking the genre... look out for them[/quote]